How long........

I took my 11 month old to the Urgent Care with a fever on Monday evening. They determined he had an ear infection and upper respiratory infection. They prescribed Augmenton for him which we started Monday evening when we got home. Still today he seems very lathargic, has a fever (which has gone up and down with Motrin), VERY irratable, etc. Just not himself. Now, I know he's sick, but how long does it take for the Augmenton to appear to be working? With my other son, he seemed to start doing better by now. Debating on taking him to his pediatrician or back to Urgent Care. Wanted some opinions first. Thanks!

TheDiva320

Asked by TheDiva320 at 3:00 PM on Apr. 29, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Take him to his doctor, or at least call him and see what he says... I never have luck with Urgent Care myself... they always prescribe augmentin to my children too and it ends up being something worse or it never works. Especially with a fever and if he seems larthargic! Try a cool bath or let him run around in his diaper! Try the patches that go on their forehead, those work for my kids. Good luck
    Anonymous

• Thanks so much. They saw the ear infection and pretty much stopped. They didn't check his throat or anything else once they determined he had an ear infection. I have been letting him run around in his diaper. He hasn't done much running around though, just kinda sits there whining. It's really getting me worried. Gonna call his dr now and see what they say. Thanks so much for your help!
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 3:08 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• Ur welcome! Keep us posted!
    Anonymous

• If the antibiotic works you will see a big difference in 24-48 hours. Either the one they prescribed is not working, or there is something else going on. Go back to the Dr asap!
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 3:15 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• Ok, they are switching him to Zythromax and said if he's not showing signs of getting better in 2 days to take him in to see the dr. Thanks guys for your advice!!!!
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 3:47 PM on Apr. 29, 2010