One more for Illegal Immigrants

What gives you the right to bypass the legal immigration system in place?

What makes you so special?

Why do you consider yourselves so much better than those who choose to come here legally?

Because that is exactly what you are saying when you flout the law by sneaking into this country illegally.

Yes, it's expensive to immigrate here. Yes, it takes time. Yes, there is a lot of BS red tape to be gone thru. Yes; between governmental fees; attorney fees; and document fees it's expensive. No one is denying any of these things.

But the fact that your homeland is a crappy (horrible) place doesn't give you any advantage; leg up; or superior right to come here whichever way you like.

By all means; immigrate here if that is your wish; but do so the proper way.

beachmamaof2

Asked by beachmamaof2 at 3:36 PM on Apr. 29, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Is this a question intended only for "illegals" or is it just hateful, egotistical rant?
    Anonymous

• Amen ,, sister!
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 3:39 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• They should lower the fees to make it easier for illegals coming from impoverished countries to be able to afford citizenship.

What irks me more than illegals being here is when the government itself brings people over and provides them with benefits, clothing, food, and shelter while they begin to look for work. I don't know why one group is targeted as being illegals who need out of our country when another is given a hand up.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 3:41 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• Anon - There were several questions actually. I'd like honest answers from illegal immigrants. And I'm not the one with the big ego. I don't feel I have the right to break laws just because I want to.

I'm aware that if I choose to speed; it is a crime. I am aware that if I choose to steal; it is a crime. I am aware if I choose to do drugs it is a crime. Why are people who choose to come here despite the law; not realize that too is a crime?

I really want to know why they feel they are entitled to come here without following our immigration laws; when thousands of other's are sitting on waiting lists; doing things the legal way??
    beachmamaof2

Answer by beachmamaof2 at 3:53 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• What is hateful or egotistical about the OP's question anon :39? It's the truth ~ nothing more.

Wanting to be an American is a worthwhile goal, but ANYthing worth having is worth doing the right way. Those who do it the wrong way do NOT appreciate it, and far too many only take advantage of what we have. They do NOT contribute (and don't give me crap about them doing jobs that Americans won't do). They work for less which lowers wages for everyone. They don't pay taxes beyond a minimal sales tax. They break several laws just by coming here and avoiding taxes, and many break more. They lower the effectiveness of our hospitals and schools. They take away necessary aid from US citizens. Taking care of them and their children is no different than feeding the neighbor's kids instead of your OWN. The ideal might be to feed both, but when you're broke (like the US is) than a choice must be made. Who you gonna feed?

Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 3:54 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• Ginger - I wouldn't have any problem with the fees being on a sliding scale based on your country of origin. I don't even have a problem with all of the immigration requirements being different depending on your country of origin.

What I have a problem with is people taking advantage of our country. And yes; essentially telling those that do come here thru proper legal channels that they are better than them. That those rules don't apply to them because their home country sucks.

And the deal with the massive influx of Indian immigrants being given grant after grant to start up business' while 'native' citizens are left to fight through the financial system is a crock of shit too. That shouldn't be happening either.
    beachmamaof2

Answer by beachmamaof2 at 3:56 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• I don't think there are many "illegals" on CM, seeing as how they are so busy stealing our jobs, terrorizing our children, raping, pilliging, crowding up our emergency rooms, cutting our lawns, washing our dishes, caring for our elderly and wasting all your hard earned tax dollars.

Maybe write a letter to the editor of your local paper? Oh...wait..."illegals" can't read cause they don't bother to learn to speak "american", like real, full-blooded americans...I guess your questions will just have to marinate. No big deal though, they're super deep.

Anonymous

• Thanks tnmom - I bounce in and out of this section when I'm bored in groups; lol or something crazy is going on in the world.

And in the interest of full disclosure; I'm not even that familiar with everything going on in AZ; just the highlights. But living in FL we have our own influx of illegal immigrants; from all over; not just Mexico. And I have friends who have immigrated here or are in the process of doing so legally. And it's in their 'honor' (for lack of a better term) that I ask why those who choose to come here illegally feel they are so much better than those people I know going thru the hassle of doing it the right way.
    beachmamaof2

Answer by beachmamaof2 at 4:11 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• I like the idea of a sliding scale. And I agree with you Beach.
    onthegoturbo

Answer by onthegoturbo at 4:12 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• lol I mow my lawn and wash my dishes etc..If I was too busy to mow my lawn i'd have one of my children do it or maybe the neighbors son for 20$.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 4:13 PM on Apr. 29, 2010