what is the average day like of your child?

my boy is 14 months old. i am stay at home mom. i am not sure what the day of my son shall look alike. He is eating every 3 - 4 hours and loves to play. mostly by himself with me present. sometimes i seat with him. these are simple plays. i talk to him but i do not teach him much. am i bad mom? what do you usually do? at least once a day we try to be out.

BabySon1

Asked by BabySon1 at 3:40 PM on Apr. 29, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Eat, play, nap, and learn, park, yard playing. We stay busy LEARNING is the most important art of our day.
    Anonymous

• It's easy to "teach" a child of that age. When you pick up a toy, say the color. When you pick up a few toys, say how many. Count them as you pick them up. Count them as he/she picks them up. If it's a block and has a letter, point out the letter and tell him it's name. Read a book. Sing a song. Sing the ABC's. Talk about the weather... if it's rainy and you can't go outside, talk about why it rains. Talk about how GREY the sky is. Talk about how blue the sky is on a nice day. Talk about the wind. Talk about the air.
    EVERYTHING is new to them... noises they hear.. they don't know what anything is.. give them a name. Say "did you hear that dog". Dog's say ruff. Make a dog noise.

Just try to remember that you are his/her only link the world. The more you say, the more they'll understand.

Now, if you could please give me advice on how to get my DD to WALK i would be very happy. She says a lot of words though.
    Anonymous

• I don't think your a bad mom, but your son can understand alot more than you may think he can. You can start teaching him alot of things: colors, numbers, animals, counting to 10, ABCs, ect ect. You don't have to be hard core about it but just include teaching in your everyday routines. If you give him 2 crackers, count them out when you give them to him. Point out that it is "sunny" outside today, or "cloudy" or "rainy" or whatever the day may look like. It may not seem like he is very interested but these things will eventually stick with him as long as you continue doing it =)
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 4:00 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• my son does not walk yet. he crouses though. he can move from a sofa to his walker and walk a bit holding it. but he falls easily. i did not teach him how to walk. and DO NOT plan to. he is a bit chubby and i do not want him to have curved legs. i prepared though the living room in our house especially for him as to be ready when he starts running. i moved out almost every furniture stuff that seemed dangerous - glassy tables, tv with recorders (it was his favourite activity to put his little fingers inside). i did not childproof all the house, just the areas where i predict him to be. sorry, can't be much help on how to teach walking. it takes time. good luck!
    BabySon1

Answer by BabySon1 at 9:46 PM on Apr. 29, 2010