7th day Adventist

my grandpa died a year ago my 4 year old always said that he is in the ground till jesus comes (she would always say jesus needs to hurry and come so i can see papa again) We believe that you stay in the ground or where ever till jesus comes then go to heaven but all her cousins just say he is alread in heaven and she has been saying to me now "papa is in heaven isn't he mommy" i don't know explain it to her help please

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:59 PM on Apr. 29, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Could you tell her that his soul is in heaven now and when Jesus comes his body will get to go back to heaven and join up with his soul? Maybe that would freak her out more, like he is a ghost or something. But that way you kind of get the best of both world's nad in heaven you probably don't mind not having a body much anyway.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 4:37 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• Personally, I would reaffirm my beliefs to my child. I believe whole-heartedly that the dead are really dead. When other family members tell my child differently, we go back over what the Bible really says. It can be just as comforting knowing that the dead loved-one is sleeping in his/her grave until the resurrection. (I am also SDA)
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 5:06 PM on Apr. 29, 2010