Help!!! I'm not normal!!! (TMI)

I often have no interest in sex. Don't get me wrong my husband is GREAT. I enjoy it when we do have sex, but we only do it maybe once a month... if that. What can I do to bring my sex drive back. I see women on here that say they do it everyday!!! We did too when we first got together 8 years ago. Now, I am kinda like ok if we do, we do, if we don't we don't. I miss the intimacy and the love making that has completely dissipated. Please help me figure out what I should do.... Thank You.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:00 PM on Apr. 29, 2010 in Relationships

• For me it works like this. The more I get, the more I want. That's why we have sex at least five times a week. If a week goes by and we don't have sex, then it slips further and further from my mind. So then I will jump him and the feelings are so intense that after that, I want him more and more, each and every day.
    TarLion

Answer by TarLion at 5:59 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• You need to initiate it. That's what DH tells me. When the kids are in bed. ... GRAB HIM!

It's the only way to bring sex drive back.. to have more of it and remind your body what you're missing.
    Anonymous

• you can start with you OB and have your hormones checked. Also spice it up for you and make it fun for u..try to surprise him. the more you do it the more often you will want it.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 4:02 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• Ever since I had my daughter almost a yr ago, I am the same way - I just don't really want to anymore.
    Maybe you can talk to your doctor about it.
    Anonymous

• This happens to alot of couples who have been together for a long time and it's nothing to be embarrassed about. Maybe try to shake things up by trying things in the bedroom you have never tried before. Use food, or flavored lubes, or dress up play (its fun hehe). Also I was wondering if you were taking any meds that may be affecting your sex drive? Might be something to look into. When I was on the birth control shot I had VERY little interest in sex which is far from the norm for me.
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 4:03 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• I'm going through this and we've only been married a short 3 years ha ha ha. Make special dates with your hubby, remember what it felt like 8 years ago. Get a sitter for the kids, plan a romantic get away, even if it's in your own town. Send the kids to grandma's and make a romantic candle lit dinner to set the mood. These are all things I've always thought about doing, but don't actually have the energy to do lol. Instead I try to send our 4 year old to bed early and put on something that makes me feel sexy...that usually gets things started! GL!
    Anonymous

• For Yourself : The Fulfillment of Female Sexuality by Lonnie Barbach is the book that can change your life. She is a famous sex therapist and researcher.

http://www.amazon.com/Yourself-Fulfillment-Female-Sexuality/dp/0451202007

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 4:05 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• Dont try to recapture what you had years ago ...That's the past!...I suggest doing and trying new things with your hubby!..There is a lot of ideas out there!
    apple31

Answer by apple31 at 8:36 PM on Apr. 29, 2010