3 week old with weird food habits

Whats the worst thing that can happen to a 3 week old baby given a full bottle of formula mixed with rice cereal and a jar of solid baby food?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:03 PM on Apr. 29, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• severe tummy gas, cramping, and pain.

why?

formula or breast milk is ALL a baby that tiny needs!
    Anonymous

• They can choke and die. Not joking at all.
    Anonymous

• 3 weeks old?? Was that a typo? What is your reasoning for giving him/her food and cereal in the bottle? This is just way too early. Their little stomachs cannot handle it
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 4:04 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• 3 weeks old is kind of young for baby food, MAYBE cereal (not rice cereal), but definitely too young for baby food...
    Anonymous

• Well besides the obvious choking and dying, there stomachs and digestive systems are not ready to digest actual food. It will probably make them sick.
    laciD

Answer by laciD at 4:06 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• I guess the worst that can happen is they will get violently ill. I don't think their little tummies are capable of digesting all of that food, they can't break it down properly. They could inhale some of that rice cereal or baby food, get pneumonia and end up in the hospital or dead. I guess that is actually the worst thing that can happen. Not trying to be a smart ass, but I personally don't think this is a good idea at all.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 4:07 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• I didn't mean to post anonymous sorry ladies
    My step dad and his new wife are giving this to him. I feel so bad for the baby. I feel like it is neglectful because she don't want to feed him every 2 hours so she fills him up on this so she only has to feed him every 3 hours. yes 3 WEEKS old. Is this child abuse?
    JuneWestling

Answer by JuneWestling at 4:07 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• Your baby cannot develop weird food habits unless she is being FED these "weird" foods. Please stop, it's way too early
    Anonymous

• baby food in a bottle??? that is just to crazy i did use to have a friend that cut a huge hole in her childs bottle nipple and put baby food in it LAZY PARENTS THAT DON'T NEED KIDS he wasn't 3 weeks but that is just lazy
    Anonymous

• too young for baby food- but my sons dr recommended putting rice cereal in his bottle when he was about 4 wks old cuz he was having issues with spitting up and being able to keep his formula down. My mom told me that my dr. told her to put cereal in my bottle cuz I wasn't sleeping well at night cuz I was always hungry... and I was 2 weeks old... I turned out fine! lol but that was 22 years ago so idk....
    Anonymous