HERE IT IS

To those of you who keep saying "what is the big deal" or "it's just illegals who need to worry." I'm explaining it.

By questioning someone who remotely looks like he or she could be from south of the border, that someone is subjected to senseless harassment.

The problem with Arizona Immigration Law is that by questioning someone who remotely looks like he or she could be from south of the border, that someone is subjected to senseless harassment.

Illegals are going to be hiding after this goes in effect and the only ones left to be harassed will be Latin-Americans who are legally or have been here for generations. Treating Latin Americans like second class citizens is crap.

Any new white immigrants won't be bothered or harassed even though they are new and only Hispanic-looking ones.

But I guess since some of you know this won't be affecting you, you will be willing to make that sacrifice

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:23 PM on Apr. 29, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Right, and the "cause for suspicion" needed to question them will be "they looked illegal".
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 4:29 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• i don't think they should be able to question anyone unless there is cause for suspission
    Anonymous

• Seth Meyers said it best...""I know there's some people in Arizona worried that Obama is acting like Hitler, but can we all agree that there's nothing more Nazi than saying 'Show me your papers'...It's their catchphrase."
    Anonymous

• You are assuming that, there is not proof of what you are saying, your jumping to the conclusion that this will happen. But there is very very little truth there at all. Yes it may happen to a few, but you are also putting down the entire police force saying they are all racists. There are good cops and bad and I am sure if there will be any harrasment at all if the cop is a bad cop, he has already been doing it. So the law is really not going to change anything..
    Anonymous

• The fine written in the law for improper use of the law is 1 to 5 thousand dollars PER DAY. And not just for the time a single person has held, but for every day a policy that wrongfully accused them was in place. I would just ONCE like to find a single person bitching about this law who has actually bothered to read the damn thing. It's not that long.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:40 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• Anon:38 Yes it may happen to a few.

THAT IS OP's point!!!! It shouldn't happen to ANY of our legal citizens!!!
    Anonymous

• My son got pulled over 3 times in a month for stupid things like you didn't turn your signal on 100 ft before you turned that corner.
    This happens in the white world too. I say GET OVER IT! My son really didn't do anything wrong and no one came to his defense. Illegals are illegal. They don't even have an excuse and they deserve to be sent back. Period.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 4:49 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• Get over it??

Nah ....you get over it. Illegals are here because our citizens hire them! No jobs No dinero!!!! They would be GONE!!!
    Anonymous

• I have a care that is not the prettiest thing to look at, and I get pulled over quite a bit. And yes I am white. I think you guys are reading way too much into this.
    Anonymous

• As NP said read the bill..because also in that bill they go after those who hire illegals with penalties harsh ones.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 5:27 PM on Apr. 29, 2010