Christian Reincarnation or a Copy-Cat story?

The story of Creation, Jesus, and the Virgin Mary have sooo many like stories. Most that came long before the bible and some that where syncretized.

If you are a believer in any of the above...what do you make of it all? Did you know there were many different stories alike? What do you think about them in relation to your religion?

sugahmamma

Asked by sugahmamma at 4:24 PM on Apr. 29, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I know that there are many stories that are alike. I see them as stories. There are truths and histories in the Bible and in the person of Jesus Christ that have proven themselves to me in ways that those other stories have not. I have done some research in the past so it does involve a decision made in that way as well. There was a time in my life when I was undecided and it was years later, after giving my life to Christ that the pieces came together for me. Faith gives a deeper understanding of what was there all along. God has a way of doing that! :)
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 4:58 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• Yup but God was first before those stories :-)
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 5:22 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• Yes I do and this is why I believe many god's exist. This is how they compete for our believing in them.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 5:44 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• No Shane please read non biased resources for once. Those stories existed THOUSANDS of years before.

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 5:50 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• READ the story of the God Horus from an unbiased source.

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 5:52 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• 1. Horus born of a virgin. <> Jesus born of a virgin.

2. The foster father of Horus was Seb or Seph. <> Jesus was fostered by Joseph.

3. Horus was of royal descent. <> Jesus was of royal descent.

4. Horus birth accompanied by three solar deities [star gazers] who followed by the morning star of Sirius bearing gifts. <> Jesus birth accompanied by three wise men
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 5:54 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• Herut tried to murder the infant Horus. <> Herod slaughtered every first born in an attempt to kill Jesus the forthcoming
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 5:55 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• Horus had 12 followers. <> Jesus had 12 disciples.
    Horus performed miracles like healing the sick and walking on water. <> Jesus performed miracles like healing the sick and walking on water.
    Horus raised someone from the grave [his father Osiris] <> Jesus raised Lazarus [notice the name similarity] from the grave. Lazarus is short for Elasarus - the “us” on the end is romanized. Elasarus was derived from “El-Asar” which was the name given to Osiris.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 5:56 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• Horus was killed by crucifixtion. <> Jesus was crucified.
    Horus was accompanied by two thieves at the crucifixtion. <> Jesus was crucified with two thieves.
    Horus was buried in a tomb at Anu. <> Jesus was buried in a tomb located in Bethany [Bet-Anu].
    Horus was resurrected after 3 days. <> Jesus was “said” to resurrected after over a period of three days.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 5:58 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• Satan was an angel kicked out of Heaven. When he came to earth he started copy-cat stories and promoted gods of stone and wood. He also knew the Messiah would come, and made many copy-cat Messiahs, all even before Jesus came in the flesh.

There are many copy-cat Messiahs, one of them is Jesus Bar Sirach, promoted in the Catholic Bible. He lived 200 years before Jesus of Nazareth. In Norway, the copy-cat Jesus was named Balder. He was the incarnated son of the god Odin, the husband of Frigja. In Egypt the sun god Ra had a wife called Isis, who was the mother of gods. She also had a son, Horus, who was supposedly divine. Isis was also the mother of the son god Ra, and known as the Queen of Heaven.
    m2KnL

Answer by m2KnL at 6:54 PM on Apr. 29, 2010