What would you do if you found....

A small bag of marijuana in your 15 year old son's drawer?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:25 PM on Apr. 29, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• Flush it and then have a long talk with him. I would NOT freak out, beat his ass or turn him in (this time). If I find anymore pot, he will get his butt turned in or put in rehab. I am studying to be a drug and alcohol counselor so I am well aware of the affects of drugs, both legal and illega, on a person...especially a teenager.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:29 AM on May. 2, 2010

• Freak the heck out!
    sandypops

Answer by sandypops at 4:28 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• i will sit down and talk with him!
    yamil519

Answer by yamil519 at 4:29 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• drug test him.... and Im sure it would come out positive. There would be hell to pay.
    Anonymous

• Turn him in.
    Anonymous

• keep it for myself
    Anonymous

• have a talk with him...punish him and flush the pot. I would make his life hell fo rawhile til he earned my trust.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 4:52 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• He's probably just testing it out, Peer Pressure... you were a kid too. Just talk to him in a calm manner n dont freak out. Just say " (kids name) I was putting your clothes away, and came across this. We need to talk" BUT WHATEVER YOU DO DONT FREAK OUT! Do monthly drug tests if you gotta, but never freak out because he will rebel against you!
    dracosmommy

Answer by dracosmommy at 5:02 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• Sit him down and have a talk. I have not found pot in my kids draw but I have had the conversation. See what the situation is, is it his, is he doing it everyday, what? Try to stay calm, it helps. I agree with dracosmommy, just let him know how you feel about it, what you expect from him when it cames to drinking, drugs, dating and whatever else. Good luck.
    wallmom1

Answer by wallmom1 at 5:06 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• i agree with dracosmommy
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 5:15 PM on Apr. 29, 2010