Would you leave your child for your hubby?

Say you and your son's father are no longer together but are both in his life. You get remarried to someone in the army and he is stationed 100 miles away. Your child's father takes you to court and basically, they rule that you cannot move your child that far away from his father. What would YOU do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:25 PM on Apr. 29, 2010 in General Parenting

• I'll put it this way: I love both my husband and my son very, very much, and I would never want to lose either of them. But if it came down to it, if I was without my husband, I could make myself keep going for the sake of my son. If I were without my son, I would shrivel up and die, and I wouldn't be able to keep going, even for the sake of my husband. It sounds mean, but that's how it is.

Unless your ex hubby is abusive or something, your child has the right to have all of his parents in his life. Is your son old enough for you to discuss this with him?
    Koukla12905

Answer by Koukla12905 at 7:11 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• my kids would come 1st regardless
    Anonymous

• I would stay with my children. They are my first priority.

laciD

Answer by laciD at 4:27 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• Eh, that was prolly state court. I take the kid and move anyway. The father can pay for the plane ticket for the kid to come home for summers.
    Anonymous

• Stay with my child! I have always said you can find a new man, but not a new kid,,, no way and honestly I don't think it is healthy for kids to be away from their Dad , as long as he is involved,,, and this one must be or he wouldn't have fought oveer it!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 4:28 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• I think it is horribly immoral to move a child that far from his/her father. I would never have married him in the first place... because my child would always come first.

I think if a woman is so shallow as to put a man before her child than there is a chance that child might be better off with out her.... who knows what other choices she would make that would be a negitive in the childs life.  At least we know the father is 100% invested... at least he cared enought to fight it in court.

Anonymous

• I would stay with my kids.
    MLM0503

Answer by MLM0503 at 4:28 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• why should the father have to pay for the child to come home for the summer? he has just as much rights to be with his children as the mother if she took the kids away SHE should have to pay
    Anonymous

• I woulda figured it out b4 i got married. I would want my dd to be living with me so if that meant hubby had to visit us on the wkend then thats what we would do. I would stay with my child even if it meant divorce.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 4:29 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• They should have thought about that before they got married to someone 100 miles away. It's not fair to take a child away from any parent.
    The child comes first...
    Anonymous