Mother's Day gift for my aunt who lost her kids years ago? Bad or good idea?

My aunt and uncle's kids (my three cousins) were killed when I was a kid. Our whole family became a little distant over the years because of that..people not wanting to say the wrong thing and upset them I guess. Anyhow, I've been spending more time with them since I have three kids who adore them. They ask them to stay the night and it's great for the kids and the adults! It's great to see them smile. DH's parents and my own parents are not very active in our kids lives, and it's nice that they have some what of grandparent figures. I had a thought of sending my aunt some flowers for Mother's Day. Just because my cousins are gone doesn't mean she's not still a Mom. Do you think it'd be bad taste to do this? Yes, I also wanted to do some thing for my uncle on Father's Day, but it's not here yet.

Mrs.B3

Asked by Mrs.B3 at 4:27 PM on Apr. 29, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Yes I think it is a good idea. I know people who hav elost loved ones and they said it was really hard that they lost friends to because no one knows what to say. I would just put how lucky you are to have her in your life on the card and leave it at that.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 4:39 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• you rockGood idea!

Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 4:29 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• Not a good idea. Maybe visiting the grave with them.
    Anonymous

• I think that's a great idea.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 4:29 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• LOVE IT.
    Anonymous

• It's a good idea. We did that for a lady in my church who wasn't able to have kids, but through her various positions/callings in the church she was able to be a "mother" to many. Flowers are a good idea. Since she's more like a mom to your kids, she might enjoy something from your kids (handmade card) or something as well!
    sandypops

Answer by sandypops at 4:32 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• Thanks for the idea... that makes me think of a lady who deserves flowers this mother's day.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 4:38 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• I think that's a lovely idea!!!
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 4:57 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• Sounds like a good idea to me.
    Anonymous