What is ur opinion on Charter Schools?

Gatorgirl04

Asked by Gatorgirl04 at 11:01 AM on Jun. 27, 2008 in General Parenting

• Personally, I think homeschooling is better. But I think given the choice of sending my kids to public schools OR doing charter schooling, I'd choose charter.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 11:04 AM on Jun. 27, 2008

• It depends on the school just like not all public schools are horrible all charter school are great. Charter is my first choice over everything but private. I am against home schooling so that is not even a choice.
    TheEyesDesire

Answer by TheEyesDesire at 11:13 AM on Jun. 27, 2008

• I'm not too informed on them, but imo arn't they supposed to be good schools considering the state takes over them?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:53 AM on Jun. 27, 2008

• I like the idea. My daughter is in one for the Performing Arts. She is going there because her love of musical theatre didn't have an outlet at her other school. They had drama but no musical theatre. Very big on sports and nothing else. She is getting to pursue her passion without missing out on academics. She takes honors and AP courses. I love to go there and see the kids happy, doing what they love. When you compare it to mainstream high schools, you can see how kids are supposed to fall in line, be alike and there is very little individuality. Sports still reigns supreme so that leaves most of the kids out.
    manna1qd

Answer by manna1qd at 3:37 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• I swore I'd never support the charter system because it takes money away from public schools and because many charter schools are run like businesses so they skimp on teacher salaries. However, we found one that is an outgrowth of a private school my son attended that went through Grade 1. He starts Grade 2 at the charter this fall. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I like the flexibility of the school and the small class sizes.
    barefootbooks

Answer by barefootbooks at 5:48 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• CHARTER Schools are ABSOLUTELY the BEST!!!!! My 1 son started 11th grade in a Charter school last year & will be graduating this year & my 2 other sons just started in the Charter Schools this year & they love it so very much!!!!  The 2 in High School love it because it is an open campus, just like as if you were in college, but w/ that freedom comes responsibility & the demerit system!!!  They get 1 demerit for an unexcused tardy to class & 3 demerits for any 1 class missed that is unexcused.  They run a very tight ship compared to the normal public school system!!!  CHARTER SCHOOLS ROCK & SO DO THE KIDS THAT GO THERE!!!!!!!!

sgbuchanon

Answer by sgbuchanon at 3:45 AM on Sep. 4, 2008