How did it happen for you?

It looks so easy sometimes, I see couples and wonder how they got to that point. It seems like the ones I like don't like me, and the ones who do there's zero attraction on my part. I'm done with being single, divorced. I want to be in a realtionship, but I don't want to settle either. How did it happen for you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:31 PM on Apr. 29, 2010 in Relationships

• I wasnt looking. I was busy doing what I needed/wanted to do in my life for me. Made a friend... the friendship grew... the rest is history.
    Anonymous

• Quickly lol. I met my husband at 17 on spring break. We were in another state on the way home our truck started leaking break fluid and he and his friends stopped to help us. It turned out they lived a few counties away from us. He got my number and we went out that weekend. We were married 7 months later and have now been married 6 years and have 2 wonderul children.(no I was not pregnant when we got married) You find love when you are least expecting it.
    laciD

Answer by laciD at 4:33 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• well i was just fine being single and a new mom and then one day i was out front of my house and i seen this guy riding his dirt bike and he drove by and came back and started talking to me telling me he was new in the neighborhood and he had a son and wanted to get together with the kids some time and i did and we have been together for almost 4 years now but it will happen and it will happen when u r not looking for it to happen
    shannonsmom555

Answer by shannonsmom555 at 4:35 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• we're highschool sweethearts. Im not sure how it happened. I think it was more like lust at first sight then love. We've been together 9 years, married almost 5
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 4:36 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• Well the way we met kind of a long story it's weird and funny. I wasn't out hunting for some one, exactly, but the day i saw my now husband I knew there was something different about him. I'm not sure how it happened, it just kind of did.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 4:53 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• I met my DH on a blind date. A mutual friend set us up, and I didn't like DH right off because he's a bit of a smart alec. As the evening wore on, he started to grow on me, and here we are about to celebrate 22 years of marriage in July!!
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 5:01 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• I wasn't looking, either... (I was only staying in this country for a yr. - or so I thought).

We met @ a church function, I was not into him at all, but when I heared he was asking my friends about my #, I agreed because I wanted to see if it was different to date an american...LOL :-)

Our first date was @ a group function, where we left the group for about an hour and went to the next door Pizza Parlor...and I now was totally lost in him, and 3 mos. later, we Married !!!!!!!!

That was 10 yrs. ago and we are still going strong :-D
    Nynne

Answer by Nynne at 5:11 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• I met my DH in high school. He was my best friend's senior prom date.... But, before the bashing, I didn't "steal" him - they went as friends and had a terrible time together! I had just broken up with my boyfriend, and was on the rebound. I had a little crush on him at prom, and when I saw him the next week at school, I all-out fell for him. I asked my friend to hook us up, and she did. We started dating, and nine months later, we were engaged. We were engaged for three years, and then married. We've been married close to three years now.
    Like others have said, it happens when you least expect it! I didn't go to prom expecting to meet my future husband... But it happened. And it will happen for you, too. You just have to stop stressing about it! People can pick up on someone who is stressed, and that can turn some guys off. Just be yourself, learn what you love, and you'll find someone. I promise.
    Iskkra

Answer by Iskkra at 5:31 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• Its going to should crazy...but we met on Craig list. almost two years ago...we txted for a week. then we met and we've been together ever since..we just work...it's not magic but we're happy.
    EttaMay

Answer by EttaMay at 5:26 PM on Apr. 30, 2010