if you have ever waited tables...did you ever wish...

that you could have known before hand if the people were going to be crappy tippers? If you would have known would you have given them crappy service? Wouldnt that be nice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:34 PM on Apr. 29, 2010 in Money & Work

• yes, depends on what mood i was in, and yes
    Christina2135

Answer by Christina2135 at 4:36 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• I did my first year in college... and yes I would have loved to known that!
    laciD

Answer by laciD at 4:36 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• lol> Around my way, bl*cks don't tip! ever
    Anonymous

• no, i actually really enjoyed the gamble :)
    weird, but i honestly did my best to make sure everyone truly enjoyed their meals :)
    i wasn't disappointed that often.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 4:51 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• Once you have served for a while, you can usually pick out the assholes from the decent people. And if you are in a small town like I was, you waited on the same people ALL THE TIME, so you got to know who tips and who doesn't. And those that don't tip, tend to get ignored... That's how it works... I was making less than $3 an hour, if you couldn't be bothered to tip, I couldn't be bothered to answer your hoots and hollers!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:36 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• ialways tip cause i bring my kids with me and if the little ones are with me then i know they will make a mess i will normally pass them 5 $ cause i know they have the hard time of cleaning my kids mess just to get the next people to sit here ...
    RavenSwift

Answer by RavenSwift at 9:27 AM on Apr. 30, 2010

• No that wouldn't be nice. That would be mean. Maybe that is why I didn't make it as a waitress. I've always thought it was important to be nice to everybody. I always thought it was a reflection on me and my work ethic.
    Anonymous

• I was a waitress for more than 5 years and I learned to treat everyone the same and not even look at my tips until the end of the night. And I stayed in the same range for the most part every night.
    Anonymous