Do you think...

Do you think it takes meeting someone else to get over someone you once loved? Or is it easier to get over them and then move on? If that's the case I guess I"m just doomed cause I don't think I'll ever get over him....sigh....lol.

jillisue808

Asked by jillisue808 at 4:36 PM on Apr. 29, 2010 in Relationships

• I think you need to grieve for the loss of a loved one before moving on. Although some people prefer to meet someone new to grieve with, and to get their mind off the one they've lost. It's all up to you, and what you feel is right for you.
    Anonymous

• You'll have to get over him first, to be able to be fully comitted to the next guy you'll meet - and TRUST me : You WILL get over him :-)
    Nynne

Answer by Nynne at 4:43 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• Speaking from experince its easier to find someone else to fill the void but its definatley not the healthiest.You need to morn and be kind to yourself.. Dont jump into anything to soon. It will get easier.
    Anonymous

• i was like 90% over my ex when i met my SO, meeting my SO made me 149658430986% over my ex
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 4:48 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

I agree with this..dont go into something new broken. work on yourself and be happy with yourself before you more on.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 4:49 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• For me it had nothing at all to do with meeting someone else. I was not interested in meeting someone else while breaking up and going through a divorce. I got over my three ex-husbands because they were buttheads and by the time it got so bad that I filed for divorce, there were simply no feelings left for them.
    TarLion

Answer by TarLion at 5:47 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• Grieve for your loss,find yourself and then look for somone new if that's what you want. I am going thru the same thing now. One day I vow to forget him completely and the next day he consumes my thoughts. It is leaving me an emotional wreak and I can't do this to me. Plus I can't give anything to a new relationship until I am in control of me. Mine moved on with his exwife,and I'm the one left crying. Be strong and take it one day at a time. Good luck
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:29 AM on Apr. 30, 2010

• Oh gosh, I can tell you from personal experience, NO. It does not make getting over someone easier - especially if you never really had 'closure' with the ex.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 12:31 PM on Apr. 30, 2010