more to the Should I offer to pay--Couples DRAMA!!! Now I am furious,, LOL!!

Okay for those of you who didn't see it I posted a question about our friends who once a month we share a sitter with at their home and go out.. DS (Billy) pooped his pants while asleep,, and woke up the sitter cleaned him up and you think all is well right? I get a call from the husband that said they had to call a plumber because sitter flushed paper towels down the potty,, he went on and on-and I said hmm well I will call her and call you back,, she swears she didn't,, and DS told me as well she wiped him with a washcloth,, so I thought I will buy a toilet snake for them and joke about it next time,,, WELL GUESS WHAT??? He called hubby today, and said that he booked limo for the vacation we are going on and since MY kid caused the back up in his toilet he wants us to pay for the ride to the hotel approx $200-we already had a reasonable bus service, so no can't cancel the vacation, but NOW WHAT-LOL

kimigogo

Asked by kimigogo at 4:36 PM on Apr. 29, 2010 in Relationships

• Wow! I was the one who suggested going in halves with them! But now wanting you to pay twice more for the incident is insane. If you do go with a limo, get your own! And just try to separate yourselves from them. He just sounds so unreasonable at this point! I don't think there's going to be an easy way out of this! Hope you still enjoy your vacation.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 6:16 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• Tell him to go get fked.
    Anonymous

• wow... is this the first time this man has been so unreasonable? Or is this standard mo for him?
    Anonymous

• They really do want that money back from you don't they. I would say I'm gonna pay for your plumber and then we are going to drop this forever. Its not like your son had the accident on purpose. you know? They decided on the baby sitter as well so its as much her fault as anyones.
    Anonymous

• Wow I am just amazed. Even if the sitter did flush paper towels I would NEVER ask my friends to pay for the repairs. Things happen and you move forward. I own a snake for a reason and its because i have KIDS and kids flush things lol. I wouldnt pay for the limo, it wasnt your idea to get the limo it was his if he wants to ride in a limo he can ride in one and you can take the reasonable shuttle. I probably wouldnt be planning any vacations with these people again.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 4:46 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• It wasnt really your son who clogged the toilet it was the babysitter. Tell him thats what happens when you are a homeowner!! I think he is being very pushy and unreasonable. I dont know what to tell you about the limo except that it is rediculous and instead you bought him a neck pillow to make his bus ride more comfy and just try to play with him. He is making it very akward!
    Anonymous

• Doesn't sound like a freindship to me!....
    apple31

Answer by apple31 at 8:26 PM on Apr. 29, 2010