Period while BreastFeeding?

So I know you can get a period while breastfeeding and that you can spot but it's just weird because when I breastfed my daughter I got my period back @ 6months but she wasn't EBF and it came every 28-30days and now that I'm EBF'ing my 5 month old, I got my period back when he was 4 months and it lasted prolly 5 days and I would only have to wear 1 pad a day it was so light and now 30 days later nothing should I be worried or is this normal when breastfeeding. It's just I have NEVER missed a period unless I was pregnant but I also haven't EBF'd before. I think I'm just worryin myself for no reason. who has had this happen?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:53 PM on Apr. 29, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yep, I have skipped one and freaked out. A friend of mine did the same. Neither of us were pregnant at that time.
    Hazelnutkin

Answer by Hazelnutkin at 6:08 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• I got mine. EBF as well...it is extremely light, though. (7 weeks pp)
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 4:56 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• if your worried your pregnant just take a pregnancy test.
    Christina2135

Answer by Christina2135 at 4:59 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• That can be very normal while BFing or you also could be pregnant. You'll just have to test and see.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 5:00 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• I know I could just test to see if I'm pregnant, and I really think that I'm not. I guess I was just wondering if anyone has had a period and then skipped a few while breastfeeding.
    Anonymous