What is the strangest allergy you've heard of...

I'm Allergic to water any one else?? Aquagenic Urticaria

What are you allergic to ?

EternalDreams

Asked by EternalDreams at 4:58 PM on Apr. 29, 2010 in Health

• this one girl i work with says she is allergic to orange juice...she wont even touch the bottle or pour it for anyone. If a customer orders it she makes me take it to them. She says it makes her skin break out.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 5:02 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• My grandson is allergic to rice. He is also allergic to chicken, lamb, ham, and beef among other things. I don't even know how he had lamb.

I'm allergic to propylene glycol. It's in lots of skin, body, hair and other products. I had a skin test for it.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 5:03 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• Sunshine and your own sweat. Those are the weirdest to me. Water is a new one... how do you live if you're allergic to water?
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 5:07 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• shay... my son is allergic to oranges. If orange juice touches him he breaks out in hives. He is also allergic to wheat, corn, cows milk, peanuts, and eggs.
    I have heard of people allergic to semen which is a little odd.
    laciD

Answer by laciD at 5:08 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• I am allergic to latex
    laciD

Answer by laciD at 5:09 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• What do you eat/drink if nothing you have can have water in or on it? Just curious.

btw don't know it is weird but im allergic to coconuts, thank god, they are nasty to me.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 5:09 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• I can drink water...I break out in itchy hives when I shower, swim, sweat. whenever my skin comes into contact with water of any kind
    EternalDreams

Answer by EternalDreams at 5:12 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• i am allergic to bullshit
    Anonymous

• Oh, a SKIN allergy to water! lol. I was thinking, like, tongue swelling, anaphilactic shock type allergy to water lol. Thank goodness for that, right?
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 5:25 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

Yes...but it is painful, and embarrassing especially, because I live in AZ... so in the summer time just driving in the car can be uncomfortable if I sweat I break out and it itches horribly
    EternalDreams

Answer by EternalDreams at 5:29 PM on Apr. 29, 2010