Had a baby about a week ago and I had an epidural, is it normal to feel exactly where the needle was?

This is my second baby and had an epidural with both kids, but with the second one I can still feel exactly where the needle was. Its really uncomfortable and soar. I didn't feel this way with my first one so it's really bothering me. I'm not sure if it's just normal back pain but it feels exactly the same way it did when they put the epidural needle in.

alysha414

Asked by alysha414 at 5:02 PM on Apr. 29, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I had my first epi. over 4 years ago and I can still feel exactly where the needle was
    laciD

Answer by laciD at 5:05 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• Me too
    Anonymous

• I felt that and it went away. It was just a little irritated but unnerving to have that sensation. I know some people have horror stories but I'd give it time. I probably felt it for a couple months really.
    mrs_pulley

Answer by mrs_pulley at 5:08 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• I haven't had an epidural in 4 and 1/2 years, but when my husband rubs my back and goes across that spot... ohhhhh it hurts!!!
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 5:12 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• i don't know if it is normal. but i know i did, and i remember i couldn't stand up straight for days.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 5:15 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• I had this problem. In fact, when I gave birth my back hurt worse than my stitches did. I finally went back to the doctor and he did another injection in the same spot with a painkiller and an antinflammitor and the pain disappeared.
    Anonymous

• The side effects of an epidural can last a year or more

Answer by rkoloms at 6:16 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• My DD just turned 2, and I still have numbness & occasional pain where my epidural was :( Never again.
    emslala

Answer by emslala at 1:53 AM on Apr. 30, 2010