What would you do if a bully broke your childs leg and the school isn't doing anything to the kid???

My daughter is in Preschool and a bully pushed her down and her femur was broken!! Everyone is saying there isn't anything I can do due to the boys age (either 4 or 5)!!! She is now in a half body cast for 6 weeks! If this boy gets away with breaking my daughter's leg who knows what he will do next time! According to my daughter's teacher he is a know troublemaker. What should I do?!?!?!

ETorrez84

Asked by ETorrez84 at 5:19 PM on Apr. 29, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I would go talk to the principal. The principal doesn't solve your problem take it the superintendent. The squeaky wheel gets the grease!
    Anonymous

• hand the parents the doctor bill.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 5:25 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• Your child's femur shouldn't have broken that easily just from being pushed... What would you like to see done, an eye for an eye or jail time? What are you looking for... money???????????????????????
    Anonymous

• did you try talking to the kids parents.. try pressing charges. i talked to my uncle he worked for CPS. juvenile cops can look into it. and if anything they can make some mantitory counseling.
    airmanswife08

Answer by airmanswife08 at 5:26 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• I don't think the parents are responsible. The preschool should have insurance to cover that injury if it happened at the school. Where was the teaching staff? Negligence? Just asking since you didn't specify how it happened. Also the teacher shouldn't be breaking confidentiality like that but she should be the one held accountable when the children are being supervised.
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 5:28 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• Unfortunately, boys push little girls. Even relatively nice boys do that sometimes, and I'm not sure what kind of punishment you want for that. As a parent or a teacher, I think the best thing I would hope for would be for the little boy to be under careful supervision. Do they have one-on-one's in preschool? If they did that, all they can do is assure you they are doing their best to keep it from happening again. I hope your little girl gets better soon! That's so sad!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 5:30 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• This is exactly why my daughter will be in karate when she is 3. I would sue the crap out of the parents and try to press chrges on the school.
    Anonymous

• That's the risk you take when you put your child in preschool.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 5:37 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• The mom that put her kid in karate when she is 3 will probably get hurt at karate or hurt herself or others. Great idea! I hope there isn't katare for 3 year olds.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 5:40 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• To the mom who wants to teach her kid karate, I hope you are ready to get sued yourself if your child severely injurs another "defending" herself.
    Anonymous