Migraines

Any suggestions on how to make them go away? I've taken Excedrin Migraine and it is not working. I tried the dark quiet room thing too but with the kids up from nap that doesn't work anymore. I'm open to any suggestions.

purpleducky

Asked by purpleducky at 5:33 PM on Apr. 29, 2010 in Health

• Ice pack, drink water, eat something light if you can.
    EternalDreams

Answer by EternalDreams at 5:39 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• Nothing works for me except prescription migraine medicine. Can you take a hot bath with a hot washcloth over your face?

NAT24ROXY24

Answer by NAT24ROXY24 at 5:43 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• Not until the kids go to bed.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 5:45 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• Glass of wine!
    Anonymous

• Wine makes mine worse I would be careful

Ice shrinks the blood vessels and works better than heat
    Anonymous

• the best thing is to find your trigger. dehydration (you should drink 2-3 liters a day and little to no caffeine), emotional stress(yoga, meditation, or vigorous exercise can help) red wine, chocolate are main triggers, from what i have read. try googling natural cures for migraines.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 6:10 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• ice & try a different brand of otc migraine med. sometimes there are food related triggers & sometimes there are enviromental triggers, mine used to come when the atmospheric pressure would change. before it would rain, or the weather change. i would get really sick. after ten years i finally went to a chiropractor & he adjusted the pressure points on my scalp. have not had a migraine in about 3 years. depending on your age, find out if you have tmj. the dentist would know & a good chiro would know also, age only affects the treatment success. try vitamins daily & drinking more water, put the ice on the pain in your head & the back of your neck, try tilting your head back as far as you can, or rubbing your feet lightly over the carpet, there is a pressure point in the foot that releases the pain & quiets the nerve. stay away from narcotics, it is only a temp fix, & the migraine will come back worse after it wears off
    hisjackson

Answer by hisjackson at 10:40 PM on Apr. 29, 2010