Birthdays.. Is a combo party wrong when kids are young?

My husband's birthday is April 24, then a week later our boy/girl twins, and then 7 weeks later another birthday for the oldest. The thing is the twins are turning 1 and the oldest is turning 2 this year. Would it be wrong to do a big combo birthday next year when they are turning 2/3? Is that unfair? Should they be treated as individuals?

love2snorkel70

Asked by love2snorkel70 at 5:35 PM on Apr. 29, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I think it's a great idea when they are young, especially if you would be inviting a lot of the same people if you did the parties separately. You can have a nicer/bigger party and spend less money if you combine than if you do them separately. I rented a bouncer for my twins second birthday, and all the kids from 2 to 13 had a great time; I'd never have spent the money to rent a bouncer for one child's party, but since there were two it didn't seem like a bad deal at all. If you use the logic that it's not fair to make them share, then that would mean you'd have to have separate parties for your twins too!

TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 6:51 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• No, I don't think that unfair. Maybe when they get older, I would do the "BIG" birthdays seprate..like age 5,age 10,13,16,18,21,25,30,40,LOL.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 5:39 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• my 2nd child and 3rd child have about a month difference in birthdays, I always gave them individual parties but its really up to you, on how much you can do.
    Kathy7_20

Answer by Kathy7_20 at 5:46 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• We can do it. I am also thinking being 10 months apart, they are going to have a lot of mututal friends until they are in school. It just seems like too much cake right now! LOL ;)
    love2snorkel70

Answer by love2snorkel70 at 5:49 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• No problem with a combo party. My daughter's 2 year old birthday was on Super Bowl, we just had a party during the day for her that lasted throughout the night for superbowl. It was a long day, but our closest friends and family were there all day.
    jennwyse

Answer by jennwyse at 5:52 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• I would!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 5:58 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• i think a combo party is a great idea until they want something different. i think their own cakes might be nice. my twins shared a cake for their 2nd birthday, it was pretty low key.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 6:06 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• Also, I highly recommend doing cupcakes. You can easily have cupcakes that are special for each child.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 6:54 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• My sister and i were 3 years and 4 days apart and we ALWAYS had birthdays together (until about 9/12 years old). We never minded, we thought it was fun! More cake, more ice cream we thought we were luckey.
    PotterMom218

Answer by PotterMom218 at 6:55 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• I wouldn't have a combo party for my son. I think he deserves to know that he has his own special day. I wouldn't care if their birthdays were only 3 days apart, I'd still have two parties. The amount of work or money it would require wouldn't matter to me.That's just me, though.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 8:08 PM on Apr. 29, 2010