Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sperm donor question.

I sit for a woman, SHE pays me and hiored me to watch her children.

She is single. the sperm donor cause the children to have lead poisoning cause of his house. Has a track record of being a deat beat. And I have called the cops on him for not putting the children in proper car seats.

the other day he showed up and said the mother knows he was picking them up. I found out she didn't. Theres a bit more to it, he lied to us both, double talkinf lies on us.

Anyways as a babysitter is there anything I can do. Can I refuse to give him the children when I am to have the from 7am-6pm? Unless the mother says other wise?


Asked by Anonymous at 5:36 PM on Apr. 29, 2010 in General Parenting

This question is closed.
Answers (6)
  • Yes, you can absolutely refuse to do that. Don't be scared to close the door in his face, and if you're worried, go ahead and call the cops. that's scary!

    Answer by whiteroses82 at 7:29 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

  • Absolutely!!! I told my day care providers that my son's sperm donor was in no way shape or form allowed to take him from their custody without my say so. They call me if I have forgotten to tell them and he shows up.

    In our case, we have set visitation schedules, so it was easy. I have primary custody and sperm donor gets every Weds evening and every other weekend. If this mother has primary custody and set visitation you can easily deny him!

    Answer by Anonymous at 5:56 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

  • There would have to be a court order for you to be able to let him have his kids. If there is a custody order in place then yes as the babysitter you can tell him no, but otherwise u could get in trouble for keeping his kids from hm

    Answer by Iviemg at 5:56 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

  • This isn't a question about sperm donors. She thought he was good enough to do several times and might still be doing him on the side as she swears up and down he is trash. Don't get involved.

    Answer by Anonymous at 7:41 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

  • Your title is very misleading... however, this is a legal question. Does she have the authority to say whether or not he can have access to them? If they jointly care for them, then no. As long as you and the mother are aware he's taking them, he can take them. However, if she has the legal right to say no- then you cannot let him take the children. period.

    Answer by HistoryMamaX3 at 8:06 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

  • Before my husband got legal custody of his son. A Louisiana social worker told him that since he was on the birth certificate then he could go to his ex wife's house and pick up their son if she wasn't there and no one could stop him. There was no custody agreement at the time. State laws are different the child(ren)'s mother would have to ask an attorney.

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:20 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

Next question in General Parenting
How much is too much...peanut butter?

Next question overall (Health)