bio dad question

I sit for a woman, SHE pays me and hiored me to watch her children.

She is single. the sperm donor cause the children to have lead poisoning cause of his house. Has a track record of being a deat beat. And I have called the cops on him for not putting the children in proper car seats.

the other day he showed up and said the mother knows he was picking them up. I found out she didn't. Theres a bit more to it, he lied to us both, double talkinf lies on us.

Anyways as a babysitter is there anything I can do. Can I refuse to give him the children when I am to have the from 7am-6pm? Unless the mother says other wise?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:37 PM on Apr. 29, 2010 in Relationships

• write up a piece of paper, stating that these people are allowed to take the children from your care, with proper ID... and have the mom write down the names of each individual, and even their addresses.... and have her NOT put the kids' dads name on it. at that point, i think you wouldnt be allowed to b/c then, you can just say that you didnt know he was the dad and he's not on the list for pick up.

i think at least... honestly, the best option would be to contact an attorney and find out through the state laws. i'm sure each state is diferent.
    Shy_Dia

Answer by Shy_Dia at 7:48 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• Call the mother when he shows up for the kids, and if she says no and he is still bugging you...call the police!!! Dont put yourself or the children in a verbal dispute with him!
    apple31

Answer by apple31 at 8:21 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• i was in child care i was a teacher you do not have to let the bio dad have the kids unless mother says otherwise and he needs to show u some kind of id.. dont give anyone the kids except the mother unless she says different call the police and keep the babies with u until there mom gets there
    cutie_pie200619

Answer by cutie_pie200619 at 12:35 AM on Apr. 30, 2010

• i agree with apple 31and shydia
    cutie_pie200619

Answer by cutie_pie200619 at 12:36 AM on Apr. 30, 2010