Do you understand the importance of a stay at home mom through the ages?

It has only been since the discovery of fossil fuels and electricity that a mom has not had to generate warmth, cooking fuel, light through the gathering of fuel, rendering of fat or dipping of candles. In previous eras that meant the difference between life or death. Being a mom, a stay at home mom is very important now, as it was then, even if the technology has changed, we still need to be home.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:49 PM on Apr. 29, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I agree being a stay-at-home mom is a valid and important career option for those who have the choice. Here comes the fight.....
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 5:52 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• Yep. I think everything went wrong with kids when moms started working...
    Anonymous

• I think its important but I also realize its not something that everyone can do. Most families need two incomes to survive.

laciD

Answer by laciD at 5:59 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• I would love to stay home with my Son, but financially it would never work. We have a mortgage, two car payments, many bills, and we barely make it as it is. But what I wouldn't give to be able to stay home with him. I do enjoy having adult interaction as well. No one is saying that SAHM don't do anything. Its amazing if you are able to stay home with your child/children. But not all of us have that opportunity.

NAT24ROXY24

Answer by NAT24ROXY24 at 6:00 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• Mothers have always worked. They haven't always left their children.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 6:00 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• Maybe you need to be at home...

Answer by rkoloms at 6:11 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• i sahm but i d
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 7:04 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• Well if I didn't work our mortgage wouldn't get paid. I think my DD would suffer if we were homeless. I am going to be the positive role model and continue to take pride in my education, career, AND mothering skills. Yes I am a woman, and can DO both successfully. I will continue to provide for my children TY. :)

Anonymous

• It is very important for the mom to be home..
    but our world has changed. woman wanted equal rights. we wanted to vote. work and other things (no im not saying im against this!) so here we are... The world bent a lil... and now most families HAVE TO work just to survive... its very sad but a reality..
    (my mom was a sahm until i went to school.. i am a sahm & will most likely start working when dd starts school)
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 7:16 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• yeah, well, awesome. tha'ts just awesome. I have to work in order to get our bills paid, thanks. Thanks a lot.
    StellarJKD

Answer by StellarJKD at 8:12 PM on Apr. 29, 2010