Can you believe this outrage? Can a country who stones and beats their women be considered fair judges of Human Rights for women?

U.N. Elects Iran to Commission on Women's Rights

NEW YORK — Without fanfare, the United Nations this week elected Iran to its Commission on the Status of Women, handing a four-year seat on the influential human rights body to a theocratic state in which stoning is enshrined in law and lashings are required for women judged "immodest."

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2010/04/29/elects-iran-commission-womens-rights/

The UN is corrupt, and this certainly proves it. Iran should be investigated for Human Rights violations of women, not added to the commission.

mancosmomma

Asked by mancosmomma at 5:50 PM on Apr. 29, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• The fox is in the hen house now.  Won't matter how many Iranian women get beaten, see their kids stolen, or are murdered.  The UN certainly won't stand up for them. 

Nice work screwing women, UN. 

Anonymous

• mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 5:50 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• This is the same country whose clerics say earthquakes are caused by immodest women. BAH!
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 5:51 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• Another brilliant move.... sheesh.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 5:51 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• How nice, UN. Good job on discrediting yourself.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 5:53 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

Okay I know this isn't the point to your post but OMG I just about pissed my pants laughing at this!!! My cleavage is powerful but common!! LOL
    Anonymous

• IMO the Congo and Zimbabwe shouldn't be in this group either. Women and girls are routinely raped, murdered, kidnapped, and circumcised there too, particularly in the Congo.

This article sure makes it sound like nobody bothered to speak against this except for Iranian citizens... I didn't even know there WAS such a group. What is their purpose, exactly? Obviously if they were making any kind of noticable stand for women's rights, the situation in Iran wouldn't be what it is. Does anyone know what this group does, or has done? I'd like to know.
    Koukla12905

Answer by Koukla12905 at 6:08 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• Boobage does NOT cause earthquakes... it has been scientifically proven! :-P
    http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/started-boobquake/story?id=10501987

OP, yea, that's BS.
    emslala

Answer by emslala at 2:03 AM on Apr. 30, 2010