I need a good book to read!

I mean a REALLY good book. Have you read a book that you just could not put down and would read it again!

smarie1011

Asked by smarie1011 at 6:10 PM on Apr. 29, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I just finished the 4th book in the Anne Rice Vampire Chronicles series. If you like sci-fi books Robert Jordans Eye of the World series is amazing. There are 14 books in the series I read them in six months. I could not put them down. I also just read Taken by Dean Koontz which I really like. The Odd Thomas series by Koontz is also really good.
    laciD

Answer by laciD at 6:13 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• In Her Shoes, Lovely Bones, Push
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 6:14 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• The Purpose Driven Life~Rick Warren
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 6:16 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• The Bridges of Madison County by Robert James Waller--words fail me. I love this book.

Recipes for a perfect marriage by Morag Prunty--not a self help book, very good story, I will read this one again

CaseyErin

Answer by CaseyErin at 6:24 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• If you love a light hearted mystery and want to laugh your butt off, read the Plum Series books by Janet Evanovich. Oh my goodness they are so funny and you won't want to put them down. One for the Money is the first one but they get funnier and better as she goes. I think number 16 comes out in June. There are some tweener books in the series too. Check them out, I love them!!
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 6:30 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• The Lovely Bones, Three Weeks with My Brother, Push, Bridges of Madison County.

I"m reading Never Let Me Go right now.;...people tell me it will change my life, but I guess I have to figure it out for myself because so far, nothing.....lol....don't anyone spoil it now!!!!
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 6:40 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• Anything by Nicholas Sparks if u like love stories.
    I was addicted to the "Left behind series" (kinda old though), no im not a crazy religous person. but they are still good books, if u take it as just a book & not truth! :)
    Another great book was "East of Eden"
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 7:03 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• Anything by Robin McKinley; she has several books that are reinterpretations of fairy tales, and a few that are not. I love "Rose Daughter"-redo of Beauty and the Beast and "Sunshine"-a vampire novel. I would gladly read those two over and over and over; in fact, I have lol. I also like various fantasy writers, and can't get enough of certain Mark Twain books, but his style isn't for everyone- can't stand Tom Sawyer OR Huck Finn; Mark Twain had so many books that were better than that- "The Innocents Abroad", "Pudd'nhead Wilson"(not for someone who is squeamish about the racial terms used in the late 1800s), "The Prince and the Pauper" to name a few.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 7:32 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• Oh I love to read a good book! I read a wide variety of things, and some of my favorites so far have been:

The Lovely Bones
    The Twilight Saga
    Stephen King's early works (Salem's Lot, Fire Starter, Thinner, etc)
    Debbie Macomber books (The cedar Cove series is a great "lighter" read)
    Mary Higgins Clark (Where are the Children was EXCELLENT)

I'm sure there's more, just can't think of them! My DH loves Sci-Fi/Fantasy. His favorites include:

Robert Jordan's the Wheel of Time series
    CJ Cherryh (anything)
    Terry Brooks (any of the Shannara novels)
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 8:06 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• I think I am the only person in the world that did not like the Lovely Bones. That book was disturbing to me. As a mother, oh my word, I could not imagine.
    CaseyErin

Answer by CaseyErin at 9:12 PM on Apr. 29, 2010