Is it possible to poop pure bile?

Sometimes, when your stomach is empty but you're stick sick, you throw up bile, so is it possible to poop pure bile? My son is having an allergic reaction and has awful diarrhea. The last diaper was clear, slimy and greenish, identical looking to when you vomit bile. Is it possible that he's gone so much he has run out of anything other than bile to pass?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:38 PM on Sep. 23, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• he could be make sure u force liquids u really dont want him to get dehydrated, pedisure or store brand stuff, try to get him to take it i am sure the poor baby is fussy and exausted..... oh becareful of diaper rashes, bile is very acidic and can burn his bottom, powder, first then cream after his diarrhea is over GL
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 8:42 PM on Sep. 23, 2008

• YOU NEED TO TAKE THAT BABY TO THE DOCTOR NOW!!! TAKE HIM TO THE ER SINCE EVEYTHING IS CLOSED CAUSE HES PROBABLY DEHYDRATED. EVEN IF YOU ALREADY TOOK HIM I WOULD GO BACK CAUSE THATS REALLY BAD!!
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 8:45 PM on Sep. 23, 2008

• He's not dehydrated, I promise. His lips and the inside of his mouth are moist, there are tears when he cries and he is having wet diapers. I have all ready looked at the Dr. Sears website and he falls into the category of "moderate diarrhea," and "mild dehydration," which is not dangerous. He's not even close to moderate dehydration right now. I am keeping a vigilant eye on him. I know what the diarrhea is from and he's getting Benadryl to try and head off the reaction. He's comfortably sleeping now. Believe me, he will be in the ER in a heartbeat (We live 5 mins from the Children's hospital, literally) if he needs to be, but right now his mama just needs something to calm her stomach from the smell.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:58 PM on Sep. 23, 2008

• saltenes for u hunny, i been where u are it s ok
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 9:36 PM on Sep. 23, 2008

• Ok well you sound like your a good mom so keep up the good work. I just read your post and that would scare me if that was my child but you have already researched it. Mommy knows whars best. :)
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 11:42 PM on Sep. 23, 2008