so i failed the glucose test

i failed the first test now i have to do the 3 hr one im so scared ... has anyone had gestational diabetes and still had a baby thats under 8 lbs

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:10 PM on Apr. 29, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Everyone I know has had to do the three hour test. I wouldn't worry too much about it until you get the results and then you can go from there.
    Anonymous

• I had to do the 3hour test,too. My son was born weighing 7 lbs. 4 oz. Once you get your results, you can plan accordingly. Good luck,Sweetie!
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 6:14 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• Yup I had a 6lb 3 oz baby.
    Anonymous

• The glucose test they give women is terribly inaccurate. You're likely to pass your 3 hour test just fine. Unless you have risk factors for GD like being very overweight, having a family history, etc, it's fine to not take the test in the future. Look into a postprandial glucose screen and see if you can't find a practitioner who would do that instead.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 6:17 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• thanks guys you make me feel better this is my 3rd child ive never failed one so it got me scared
    klinemom2

Answer by klinemom2 at 6:29 PM on Apr. 29, 2010