how do i convince my husband that moving to another town is the best option

i cant find job here at all i applied at every job i was qualified for, even put in apps to places that were not hiring but wouldnt mind working for...we lost our PA anf the land lord raised our rent cause the property taxes on the property went up and my husband's job is barely covering the bills and his employer will be starting lay offs next month and letting go 60 positions, there are only 108 to begin with...i been wantin to move to a bigger town....the rent is about the same but there are more jobs....also want to get away from his mom, we been fighting a lot lately cause his mom is always calling all hours of the day asking for money or help with things she is fully capable of doing. the one thing that got me really Pod is when she asked my Dh to give all our pop cans to my Dh's nephew cause he was a game, and my boys are saving pop cans for 2 reasons, one to recycle and help reduce trash and 2 they donate what $..CON

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:32 PM on Apr. 29, 2010 in Relationships

• I could have wrote this, lol. I want to move too, my hubby is about to get laid off and we need to move to a place that hass more of the jobs that he has a degree for. i say do it if you need to do it to survive.
    dkej242

Answer by dkej242 at 6:57 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• op here

they donate what money they get to the local shelter....and my MIL said thats being stupid and that my DH nephew needs the money more cause his parents dont work,,,so all in all moving is the best option. my mom offered to loan us some money and helps us move, and then we pay her back out of next years tax check...
    Anonymous

• It sounds like it would have been nice to give the pop cans to your nephew.

It's expensive to move and you would have to go into debt to do so. It sounds like you want to do it because of your issues with your MIL. Remember she is the grandmother of your children. If one of you has a good paying job in a new city then it might make sense.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 6:39 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• so your sayin a video game is more important than helping the environment and unwanted animals? its not our problem that my husband's sister and her husband are lazy druggies and choose not to work and choose to spend money on drugs versus taking care of their kids...and i want to move for more than the family drama....i want to start puttin aps in and find a job before my husband loses his, they are moving toward closing the whole facility, and i dont want to end up homeless. i want to start the moving process now so we can be a little more picky on the house and stuff instead of waiting until last minute when he loses his job and having to take what we can get...

op here
    Anonymous

• I agree with the one that said that it will cost you to move and probably put you in debt. Is the city you'd like to move to within commuting distance? It may be better to see if one of you can find a job in that city first. If one or both of you has a job there, then it would make sense to move. But, if you move with no job, and you can't find anything, you're stuck. I would move if my boyfriend's job required it, but I would NOT move in hopes of one or both of us finding a job. If commuting isn't an option, then first I'd try applying long distance for jobs (most newspapers are online now, you can check their classifieds) and see if you get anything. I would be very cautious of moving there with no jobs, no support system, etc. Plus, mil is a pain, I get that, but she is still your children's grandparent, and she still needs to be a part of their lives.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 11:14 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• Before you even think of moving...get at least ONE good paying job in pocket there. Not worth moving unless you have that.

And consider commuting to the new job if it's not a ridiculous distance.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:21 AM on Apr. 30, 2010

• I was in your position 3 years ago.......... I did it and after 3 mos. of living in my car and shelters, I had both a job and apartment. My hubby followed and found a good paying Job. In between all of that, there was a lot of stress between us though. I wouldn't reccomend it to the weak hearted though, but sometimes you need to do whats necessary.
    GMMOLLY

Answer by GMMOLLY at 8:09 AM on May. 1, 2010