Do you cry when you babies/children get thier shots? :(

I do. I think I cried harder than they did. I even cry when another kid in another exam room screams out and cries and you just know they just got a shot,lol.
Its so sad. Poor babies. :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:56 PM on Apr. 29, 2010 in General Parenting

• I get teary eyed but laugh a little bit, I've always done that, I laugh when I get uncomfortable. The nurse never looked at me like I was strange though, so either she doesn't notice or other people do it too.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 7:12 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• no am the one who holds my kids down. i also held my friends kids and my sisters kids
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 7:00 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• I don't cry but I have to look away while holding her. The two worst for me was 1. when my daughter had to get 11 stitches on her forehead. I thought I was going to throw up. And 2) when I had to take our son to the eye doctor every two weeks after coming home from the hospital. I had to hold him down while the doctor stuck this stick like thing in his eyes. It was horrible to see and he screamed like we were killing him. I am sure it hurt like hell and it looked like torture! Both times I almost puked. But when your the mom you just have to do it and keep a poker face.

BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 7:06 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• I get all teary eyed everytime
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 7:06 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• NO, I can't cry. I have to stay positive so they stop crying. :)
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 7:11 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• No. It doesn't really bother me all that much. Not that I like hearing her cry or anything, but it's for her own good and it doesn't last long. I always nurse her immediately after, so she only cries for maybe one or two minutes. The first time she got her shots, about four hours later she cried for about an hour. She would stop for a minute or two, cry (more like screaming) for about five minutes, and kept up for about an hour. Then she took a long nap and was back to normal when she woke up. Nothing I did helped, so I just held her and talked to her until she was done. I didn't like it, but it didn't make me cry.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 7:26 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• i don't let my kids get shots.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 7:26 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• No, Im the one with them. I have to comfort them for those 5 mins they wimper.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 7:31 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• the only time i did was with my son's 4 year shots but he was fine after it was done and we both laughed about it.... and still went for a treat after.
    aheuszel

Answer by aheuszel at 8:11 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• Well, my kids didn't get them, so there was nothing to cry about!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:08 PM on Apr. 29, 2010