before you decided to have children did you check out how much it would cost? Like co-pays and all.

how much did you have to pay and also i am curious if the hospital or insurance makes you pay some kind of detuctible before you go in for labor. I know it sounds silly that i don't know these things but i had state insurance with my first child and now i have insurance and am just curious. I know every insurance comapany is different but i would like to hear everyones experience please.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:03 PM on Apr. 29, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I didn't pay anything, but in return I had to deal with military doctors.
    Anonymous

• we payed 2000-2500 for each home birth. that included prenatal visits and postpartum visits. our twin births were "2 for 1"
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 7:25 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• No, never even thought of looking into what our co pays would be. With all the other expenses of raising a child we thought that the co pays would just be a drop in the bucket. Our copay for the hospital stay was $250. and I think I had to pay a $20 copay for a non stress test. ,
    cherylw993

Answer by cherylw993 at 8:52 PM on Apr. 29, 2010