I am 10 wks pregnant. I work 9 hours a day mon-fri....

I am soo tired when I get home, But yet I still can't sleep all night. I think I slept a total of 4 1/2 hrs last night. Does anyone know why this happening? Or have any suggestions to help me sleep the whole night?

Babyclark08

Asked by Babyclark08 at 11:04 AM on Jun. 27, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Try some warm milk...seriously! Mom was right about it...warm milk can cause drowsiness and Chamomile tea. It sounds like it may be stress and anxiety...meditation and deep breathing exercise before bed will help too. Try to establish a bed time routine...you body will begin to recognize it and get into sleep mode. turn off tv several hours before bedtime also helps. Hope you have sweet dreams!!!
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 11:15 AM on Jun. 27, 2008

• Thank you for the suggestions. My mom said Benedryl!! lol
    I don't want to take any meds unless I have too
    Babyclark08

Answer by Babyclark08 at 11:22 AM on Jun. 27, 2008

• Well i work night shift Waffle house and I'm able to wake at 11 and get going with my day, work from 9-7 am and still get home at 8 and stay up 2 more hours getting things done around the house! I'm personally enjoying it but when u hit ur second trimester (15-16 weeks)u will feel like its eaisier for you to manage. U will kno when its time to sit down and take it easy... ur baby with be very active so just sit or lay down, throw ur hand on ur belly (right above pubic bone) and relax. Ur child will comfort ur busy mind and maybe u 2 can fall aleep and enjoy it. (experience)
    NessaK

Answer by NessaK at 12:29 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• if you are tired when you got home i would suggest laying down and trying to take a quick nap - i am 13 weeks along and i have been having the same problem but i have found that if i take a quick nap its easier for my body to sleep at night if it doesnt reach the mode where it kicks into adrenaline to keep you awake.
    vakatia

Answer by vakatia at 12:34 PM on Jun. 27, 2008