has anyone's child broken their elbow?

hi there,
i would just like some feedback on this. my son broke his elbow when he was 2 1/2 years old (he's 9 now). when my son was 2 1/2 years old he was playing around with his cousin. my son tripped and his whole body landed on his arm. anyways took him to the hospital and he ended up needing pins (poor guy). his arm now looks deformed. my family doctor says since he has full motion of his arm there is nothing wrong, he had full motion of his arm when he broke it. so i am wondering has anyone child broken their elbow is that arm now deformed or does it look good as new?
thank you

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:19 PM on Apr. 29, 2010 in Kids' Health

• my niece broke hers when she was 2 also, shes 10 now, she didn't need pins but her arm looks just fine, the pins probably scared his arm, nothing to worry about.
    BusyBeesmom

Answer by BusyBeesmom at 9:44 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• yes his arm is scarred but thats not the worst thing. his scar is pretty gross looking but he likes it. the scar it self is about 2 inches long and 2 inches in width as well. but there is a a 1 to 1 1/2 inch difference in the circumference around his arms. actually most ppl who see his arm think he just broke it and come tell me i need to take him to the hospital. if i can i will post a pic of his arm.
    tanper29

Answer by tanper29 at 1:20 AM on Apr. 30, 2010

• No haven't had that problem here but have you gone to a DIFFERENT doctor for a 2nd opinion???? I would be more concern if it was causing him pain...best wishes!!! I hope you're able to get some help for your son.
    Carey2006

Answer by Carey2006 at 12:16 PM on May. 1, 2010

• I would get a different opinion if his arm look deformed and not just scarred. It is possible that it is just scar tissue built up underneath the skin, but I would just double check.
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 2:01 PM on May. 2, 2010