• In the Spotlight:

Gender Dissapoinment...

So, I found out i'm having a boy, and I am excited, but i was hoping for a girl.
So, I'm feelling a little guilty about being dissapointed, at least he's healthy so far,
right? Anyways, I was wondering... anybody else feel this way?

Kriss.

Asked by Kriss. at 7:25 PM on Apr. 29, 2010 in Pregnancy

• yes i felt like that with my son, and now i am pregnant again and i just KNOW its a boy i wanted a girl so bad but boys a great! they will grow up mommas boys and you can be a hot soccer mom lol
    joycegina

Answer by joycegina at 7:30 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• When I got pregnant with baby #1 I just kinda assumed that he was a boy because I wanted a girl SOOOO badly and I wanted to prepare myself for the fact that I could have a son. When I had my 18 week u/s and learned that he was a born, I turned away from the monitor and started to cry and refused to look at him anymore. I spent the next 19 weeks being butt hurt about the fact that I was having a boy. But the second that he was born, it really made no difference to me... I instantly fell in love. 2 1/2 years later I had a daughter and I can honestly tell you that if I ever have another one, I want a boy. There is something VERY special about the bond between a mother and her son. Although I TOTALLY understand how you feel, just wait til you look into his eyes for the first time and it really will be love at first site and you'll forget about all your dreams of pink!!
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 7:36 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• I got what I wanted, but my hubby had really wanted a boy. He just recently told me that now that we have a daughter, he's actually really glad we didn't have a boy. It might just take some time to adjust, and to really appreciate the particular gender
    StellarJKD

Answer by StellarJKD at 7:40 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• I understand what you're talking about. I already have 2 girls and really wanted a boy since this is my last. I plan to get a tubal. Anyways, it's definitely a girl! Lol I was disappointed b/c I won't know what it's like to raise a boy or see what a boy would look like w/ me and dhh's genes but I've accepted it and am actually excited to have 3 girls! I figured God knows what he's doing because I'm too much of a girly girl to raise a boy anyways lol
    DaGoodLife

Answer by DaGoodLife at 9:43 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• WITH MY DS NOPE. I KNEW HE WAS A MALE THE DAY I PEED ON THE STICK. SO I WAS HAPPY WITH HIM. NOW THIS ONE... MAYBE ITS BECAUSE IT WILL BE OUR LAST, I KNOW IF THEY SAY ITS ANOTHER BOY I WILL BAWL. I WILL FEEL GUILTY AND HORRIBLE BUT I WILL STILL CRY. ITS NOT BECAUSE I WONT LOVE HIM ITS BECAUSE ALL MY DREAMS AND WISHES OF RAISING A GIRL WILL DIE. MY LITTLE DREAM BABY GIRL WILL DIE. I HAVE MADE UP MY MIND THOUGH THAT I WILL FEEL SAD FOR 1 OR 2 DAYS AND THEN FIND A DIFFERENT WONDERFUL REASON EVERY DAY WHY HAVING TWO BOYS WILL BE GREAT!
    KJ_on

Answer by KJ_on at 10:22 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• I was a little dissappointed when we found out we're having a girl. Only because hubby only wants 2 kids and we already have a little girl, plus hubby has a daddy's girl and I kinda wanted to have my momma's boy. It just seems like I'll be missing something big in life by never experiencing having a son. We found out the sex at the 20 week ultrasound and within 2 minutes I was over it... I just kept looking at that little girl on the screen and I couldn't help but fall in love with her, this is what's meant to be. One thing that bothers me is that everyone's response is "another girl?" or "are you gonna try again for your boy?" it's making me feel very protective of my little girl the way everyone is dismissing her so quickly because of her sex. Makes me feel even more guilty for my initial stab of disappointment.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:19 AM on Apr. 30, 2010

• Yes. I wanted a boy so bad and thought for sure it was a boy, but when we had the ultrasound, and she said "You're having a girl", I felt a bit dissapointed at first. Once I got used to knowing that SHE was in there, I never felt dissapointed again. Now she is here and I love having a girl. Maybe the next will be a boy.
    moviemom22

Answer by moviemom22 at 12:07 PM on Apr. 30, 2010