Anyone have a good tilapia or fish recipe?

I always make my tilapia the same way and although it's good, I'd like to try something new. Anyone have any good recipes?

sophiesmom07

Asked by sophiesmom07 at 7:27 PM on Apr. 29, 2010 in Food & Drink

• http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Broiled-Tilapia-Parmesan/Detail.aspx

That's a good one, but I leave the lemon juice out.

Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 7:30 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• HEY !! i feel like less is more with fish........just some lemon salt and pepper.......is always good.....i put it in a aluminum pocket....and steam it on the grill........with a lil olive oil , lemon .......when it's done......then add salt and pepper if desired.
    dottief13

Answer by dottief13 at 8:22 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• I ♥ this recipe:
    1 TBSP mayo per fillet
    2 TBSP of herb per fillet (I have used oregano before and then once used Dill Weed.. they are both great but I favor the dill weed. Use something that you like that just smells "right")
    mix together with a splash of salt and pepper
    spray cookie sheet with cooking spray and put fish on cookie sheet.
    spread the mayo mix on the fish (thin layer you will probably have more mayo mix than you need)
    Bake at 375

it is super yummy and the kids really like it too!
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 8:55 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• I've never had tilapia, but my favorite way to prepare other fish is to place a couple of fillets on a peice of non-stick foil, season with whatever sounds good at the time, put on a couple thin pats/slices of butter, wrap tight, and grill till done. My kids love it this way too! If grilling's out of the question, I put the fish directly in a baking pan, season, and top with thin pats of butter, and bake til done - same thing but without the grill flavor.
    Anonymous

• I like to dip it in some sort of salad dressing (I love creamy Italian or creamy caesar) then press a mixture of panko and parmesan into it. Bake on foil at 400° for about 15-20 minutes. A quick lemon-butter sauce sprinkled on it is amazing.
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 11:00 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• Do you like Salmon? I make a great Salmon Taco recipe. It would work for Tilapia as well, I think.

SALMON TACOS

Buy salmon (we bought frozen and it worked fine) Marinate your salmon in fresh Lemon juice, Lemon pepper and salt pepper etc. - Marinate for at least a couple hours. The lemon takes away a lot of the oily salmon taste. Bake Salmon until the meat flakes . Let cool and shred.

Most measurements done to taste: In a sauce pan saute chopped onions, minced garlic and olive oil until onions are transparent. Add one pint of whipping cream. Keep on Medium/High heat and stir for around 8-10 minutes. Add a few pinches of salt and a couple pinches of sugar. Pepper too. Take off heat . Add 1 TBLS of Lemon Juice and 1 TBLS of Lime Juice and as much cilantro as you like. Let cool. ( I actually make it ahead of itme and stick it in the fridge to thicken. Even a day ahead is good!
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 1:52 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• Serve meat and tortillas with shredded cabbage ,( red and/or green) cilantro, limes and the sauce above.

I use corn tortillas but you can try whatever you like. Also if it's just me and hubby eating this, I use two fillets = about 4 tacos each, but this is a great group meal.

We made them for a group of 50 recently We used 3 bags of salmon from Costco. Salmon isn't cheap, but that was our main expense. (less than $60) I think I did 3 batches of sauce which was way too much. All the sides are fairly cheap. I doubt it cost us more than $75.00 to feed 50 people!

Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 1:53 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• I love the talapia parmesean from allrecipes also. I crush up croutons and add it to the mixture.

You can pan fry the talapia in butter. Save the juices to saute mushrooms and onions, add cream cheese and a dash of milk, and spices for a creamed sauce.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 8:25 PM on Apr. 30, 2010