Why are all the sacraments celebrated in spring?

I went to a religion store today it was packed. I went last September there was hardly a person. I started thinking Communion and Confirmation are spring and often weddings are summer. Why this time of the year?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:39 PM on Apr. 29, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• That's a good question. I did a quick search and didn't see anything that offered a reason for it. I'll keep at it when I have a minute though and I'll post if I find something. I converted as an adult and personally, I was confirmed in the Fall, right before Christmas time, so I don't think it has to be in the spring but that's when they do the group ones usually. I'll see what I can find about it.
    Anonymous

• SPring is a time of rebirth, (as celebrated by many cultures and religions). IMO these are situations were you are committing a large dedication or change in your life. Often times compared to the rebirth of the soul. This is the only reason I can come up with, as to why it's namely in the spring time.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:25 AM on Apr. 30, 2010

• When you are an ancient hunter/gatherer or farmer, the life-giving properties of spring are the most important thing in the world. You would honor it, too.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 10:54 PM on Apr. 30, 2010