I would like to put statues of the Holy Family in my yard

I would like for it to be tasteful.

I thought about getting one statue and putting it under our tree with a small bench in our front yard. I want it in the front yard because the backyard is over run by cats, dogs and kids.

would this bother you if you were not Catholic/Christian and you had to look at it every day?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:45 PM on Apr. 29, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• It never bothered me before I became Catholic and obviously it doesn't now :-)
    whittear

Answer by whittear at 7:47 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• Yes, but it's a free country, do what you want! If my neighbor did that I would probably just say "really?" and roll my eyes, but I would never ask them to move or remove it. I would just hope that if your neighbor decided to put up a statue of Buddha or some Pagan symbols that you wouldn't make a fuss either :)
    StellarJKD

Answer by StellarJKD at 7:48 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• My nieghbor has a whole lot of those statues in thier backyard...
    What are they for? Protection over the house or?
    Anonymous

• I wouldnt care... if it was done tastefully... but it is going to be hard to do that tastefully.

I have to say my first thought was.... My Big Fat Greek Wedding

Anonymous

• Its your lawn.I think it would be beautiful, its your faith! Thats whats wrong with people in general worrying about if it may offend.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 7:48 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• The holy family, you mean like St Thomas or something like that? My mom has a statue of St. Francis in the backyard which is 'sheltered" by a bus and some tree limbs that had once fallen. I don't see it beign an eyesore unless you went with something huge and gaudy like a 20ft nativity scene complete with neon lights.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 7:48 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• *sheltered by a bush not a bus* Having a bus in the backyard would be an eyesore
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 7:49 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• The Holy Family is Jesus, Joseph and Mary
    Anonymous

• I would just hope that if your neighbor decided to put up a statue of Buddha or some Pagan symbols that you wouldn't make a fuss either :)

there are some fairies and goddesses up the street. I don't think of them as real so I don't roll eyes or make an expression. but then those don't really bring as much protest.
    Anonymous

•  

It's your yard, you can do that if you want to! I think they are beautiful, what's distateful about this?

http://thumb15.shutterstock.com.edgesuite.net/display_pic_with_logo/66811/66811,1206568008,5/stock-photo-virgin-mary-statue-10790071.jpg

Anonymous