(WORK AT HOME MOMS) What do you do?

What do you do for your job/business? What have you tried that hasn't worked? What have you tried that has worked?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:53 PM on Apr. 29, 2010 in Money & Work

• Childcare provider. :) I haven't tried any of the other work at home things, just this.
    Anonymous

• I am not officially a work at home mom just yet, but I will be in September. In the past I have tried Pampered Chef and Usborne. They did not work for me, because while I enjoy cooking and children's books, the true passion of having my "own" business was not there. Right now, I am in the process of opening up my errand service business. I am truly passionate about it and I have enjoyed every minute of the process. I have learned so much over the past few months, especially from a cafemom group called Mommy Movers and Shakers. Bottom line is- follow your heart and your passion. If you do that then everything else will fall into place.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 8:08 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• I work with the most amazing company (PrePaid Legal)and the most amazing team within the company!!
    If you are looking to start something that is truly the key to success I have the most amazing deal for you! I can get you started without paying your associate fee which I know from past experience it can be a total bummer to get all excited about something and then get bummed out when you find out you cannot afford to put the money on the line.
    Like I said I have an amazing offer for you and it is only available until 12p.m. tomorrow.
    Message me to get the details!!
    xxmandyraexx

Answer by xxmandyraexx at 8:11 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• I'm lucky enough to be able to telecommute. I do the billing/collections/admin/etc. for a small consulting firm.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 9:00 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• I am a WAHM with Ameriplan. It's the only thing I have ever tried that did work... I work about 3-5 hours a day online & on the phone. Our company provides low cost dental & health care options as well as a legal/financial plan and a daily discount plan that helps with the cost of every day life.

I've tried Avon, Melaleuca, PartyLite, Passion Parties, Slumber Parties, TeaPoria, Freebie Force (worked, but not as well as I would have liked) and a few others...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:07 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• I've sold and been a team leader with avon for 7 years now.

its not whether it "worked" its how you were able to use the tools and make it work for yourself.

I also run the office for my dh's contractor business
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 9:28 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• Premier Designs Jewelry :) I love this company, Love their products and LOVE my pay!

lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 9:32 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• I have sold Avon for 27 yrs and have been recruiting for 8. I make decent money w/ them. I also clean houses and do interior painting for a local real estate office. I enjoy what I do and it is all diversified enough that I never get bored.
    CorrinaWithrow

Answer by CorrinaWithrow at 9:36 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• www.scentsy.com/my2scents

This is what I've made good money doing from home. I do really LOVE it!!! I'm happy to help with any questions or details.
    NicoR

Answer by NicoR at 10:27 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• Pre-Paid Legal and blogging. Here is the link to my facebook business card, http://companies.to/pre-paidlegal/

IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 10:48 PM on Apr. 29, 2010