Why are so many people sympathetic towards illegal aliens?

I don't get it. Do you feel sympathetic towards people who commit other crimes? Do you feel sorry for drug users/dealers, thieves, murderers, drunk drivers,people who commit fraud, harass others, etc.? If not, then why do you have no problem with people breaking the law by coming into our country illegally? Please don't give the excuse of how it isn't a "violent crime" bc many illegal aliens DO commit violent crimes. Also, there are many crimes that aren't necessarily "violent" that everyone has a problem with. It has nothing to do with racism either, it has to do with the LAW and how it's being broken.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:20 PM on Apr. 29, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• No we shouldn't be like anyone else; we should be ourselves. What we should do is secure our country and that includes our economy. We are the only place that has give amnesty as many times as we have. We're the only place that keeps saying 'oh well we know you came here illegally but well we'll cut you a break'. We don't incarcerate illegal immigrants we deport them. Other countries; MX and Netherlands for example; want you incarcerated for up to 2 years!! But our system is just too harsh!

What reality do you live in; because it doesn't sound like the one the rest of us do.
    beachmamaof2

Answer by beachmamaof2 at 1:18 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• I so so AGREE! Let these people commit crimes to their family and watch how fast they would turn!
    Anonymous

• I dont feel sorry for them at all!! I didnt even think there were people who do. They come here illegaly commit, other crimes while they are here, take jobs that americans should have, ect. They should be kicked out of this country. I would say like anyone else who breaks the law they should go to jail but then we would be feeding them, so no they need to go back to where ever the hell they came from. And just a side note... IT REALLY PISSES ME OFF THAT I HAVE TO PRESS 1 FOR ENGLISH! THIS IS AMERICA WE SPEAK ENGLISH IF YOU DONT KNWO HOW TO SPEAK IT GET THE HELL OUT!
    Amanda7891

Answer by Amanda7891 at 8:26 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• Why do you think people feel sorry for them?
    Anonymous

• yeah but i also think and know people that just came to better themselves and those people dont have to be blamed or labeled as all of the other bad idiots out there!!
    Naralie

Answer by Naralie at 8:27 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• i think it is a race issue because all they have to do is apply for a visa and then they can come over here legally if they want to...so whats the big deal?
    Anonymous

• Why do you think people feel sorry for them?"

I've seen it so often! Even a lot of my friends on Facebook are talking about how sad it is that they have to be deported, and so on and so on.
    Anonymous

• Naralie, If they want to better themselves by coming here to live then they can do it the legal way.
    Amanda7891

Answer by Amanda7891 at 8:30 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• i think everyone that is Racist shouldn even open their mouth because just like they treat people they wouldnt want to be treated like how they are treating others... i think we all need to grow up...{NO OFFENSE TO ANYONE HONESTLY}
    Naralie

Answer by Naralie at 8:30 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• How is them applying for a visa so they can come over here legally a race issue??
    Amanda7891

Answer by Amanda7891 at 8:31 PM on Apr. 29, 2010