how can i potty train my little girl?

briannashakira

Asked by briannashakira at 8:28 PM on Apr. 29, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• ummmm for girls my grandma just put me in undies and told me at 1 yr she'd kick my moms ass if i wore diapers again. those words too. my daughter is 18 months and she sits on the potty just like big brother. but i think with girls its suppsed to be easy. with my son i put him in underwear and plastic pants and he has been pretty good about it. i think im going to do that with my daughter here in a month
    knagsmom

Answer by knagsmom at 8:54 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• I just stopped buying diapers. My daughter was two. It took four days...lots of accidents. I got her a kid potty and just left it in the living room. About a 2 weeks later we switched to the big potty using her potty chair as a step stool(it is the kind that converts). She was mad about diapers at first but like I said within four days she was fine. I used pull ups at night after she fell asleep.
    xxmandyraexx

Answer by xxmandyraexx at 10:16 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• take her to the store let her pick out some big girl underwear put a shoebox of toys next ot her potty in the bathroom and take her to the potty every half hour until she gets the hang of it and only put a diaper or pull up on at bedtime g/l momma
    cutie_pie200619

Answer by cutie_pie200619 at 1:27 AM on Apr. 30, 2010

• I think potty training is much easier than people expect. It's out to be so hard, &we go at it thinking it is tough when it doesn't have to be. It reminds me of algebra that way. I thought it would be awful because all of elementary school I heard, "Just wait until you have to learn algebra!" When I got to it, it was hard for me to figure out just because I expected it to be. Then my mom told me to think of it as number puzzles and as a lot of fun. That totally changed my outlook on it, and my difficulties with it went away. Enjoy potty training! I look at it as an adventure and really encourage each child. I spend lots of time in the bathroom with them, just talking together while they sit on the potty. It used to be normal for children to be fully trained before they were two, and I am here to tell you it is possible! The 7 of our 8 kids who are old enough were telling us when they had to go between 18 & 22 months.
    MyGiftsFromGod

Answer by MyGiftsFromGod at 2:34 AM on May. 2, 2010

• I wonder if part of the problem these days is that we are used to things being instant. It takes spending time with each child to get it done. We also don't expect much from children and kind of let them lead the way. With our kids, I decide for them that they WILL go potty and don't leave it up to them, waiting for signs. When they are used to following instructions already, it is just another thing to learn for them and there isn't much resistance. Any way, I am thankful that it has been an easy thing for us, because the thought of changing a two year old's dirty diaper really makes me sick. Life is much easier in potty training land!
    MyGiftsFromGod

Answer by MyGiftsFromGod at 2:39 AM on May. 2, 2010