Is it silly that I am ridiculously proud of this? (anon because I don't like bragging and I know some people in RL here that I don't want thinking that I am a total braggart).

My son is going to be 21 months next week. In the past two weeks he's gone pee on the potty four or five times. He usually does it before a bath. I take his diaper off and sit him on there and he goes after some time. Two of those times are him sitting on the potty and peeing all over the floor because he forgot to tuck his penis into the potty, although when he does sit on it the first thing he does is tuck it in he just squirms a lot and it doesn't stay in there.

He tells me when he poops, and one time he told me before he pooped so I put him on the potty then but he wouldn't go. He waited until he had a diaper on again but I was still excited that he told me ahead of time that he had to go.

So, a lot of these can be chalked up to flukes and circumstance, but I'm still so proud of him! He's not even too!

Is that silly?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:45 PM on Apr. 29, 2010 in Just for Fun

• It sounds as though he is interested, which is very encouraging. Sounds good!

Answer by Bmat at 8:49 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• I would be excited too. That's wonderful that he's intrested in using the potty already.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 8:55 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• That's awesome :-) Two of my sons were almost 3 when they pottytrained (32 1/2 and 33 mos. old), one was 3 mos. past 3 and then my 2nd son was just a few days past 16 mos. old. His older brother was 32 1/2 mos. old and one day just decided he didn't want to wear diapers (day or night) any more after 10 mos. of us putting him on the potty every time we could. We hadn't even started with his brother because he was so young but when hiss brother stopped wearing diapers he decided he wanted to be a big boy toy. He just did it and while he had a few accidents the 1st week (as did his brother), after that he was 100% dry day and night and when we went out. I thought my 4th would be the same way or would be at least around 2 with a brother 16 mos. older and 4 and 5 years older but he proved to be my most stubborn and not my easiest.
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 8:58 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• tracylynnr67, Wow that's so funny that you're 16 month old just trained himself so he could be like his brother!! Sounds like all that hard work with the older one paid off because there was none for the little one!!

I feel like my son is so young for potty training, but he's doing pretty well. I don't want to push him too early because I've seen that work to the contrary of the ultimate goal. I totally have myself convinced that he'll be at least 3 before he is totally potty trained... despite his early interest!
    Anonymous

• Its a good start on the long journey on the potty train!
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 9:09 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• course its not bad to be proud! :) that's awesome
    ColtsFan1912

Answer by ColtsFan1912 at 9:14 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• Celebrate everything. No matter what!
    whiteroses82

Answer by whiteroses82 at 9:23 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• no it's great, you should be proud. I know when my 17 month old. (now 20 month) started using the potty i was so excited it was the best thing in the world he would even let me know when we were out that he had to. I even quit using diapers. But all of a sudden about a last week he just stopped. He REFUSES to sit on the potty and if i ask him if he has to go he says no and runs off. I wish i knew how to fix this, or what is wrong with him. But good luck to you. Be as proud and happy as you want, this is a wonderful thing!
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 9:30 PM on Apr. 29, 2010