White for baptism and communion, what do kids wear for confirmation?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:48 PM on Apr. 29, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• well in my religion they wear a pretty white ! dress if they are girls and the same color for boys because it means purity!
    Naralie

Answer by Naralie at 8:58 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• Where I'm from it's still white dresses for the girls, and the boys would wear suits or at least dress pants and a white shirt with a tie.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:02 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• Yeah the white dress looks like a freakin wedding dress - it's sick, tying to make those little girls look like grown up brides!!! It's like those baby pageants where they try to make the kids look like adults!! Creepy if you ask me!!!! Cult-like!!!!

Anonymous

• nobody asked you anon and I would LOVE to know where to get a wedding dress for the 20 bucks i spent on her dress
    Anonymous

• Yeah the white dress looks like a freakin wedding dress

Are you sure you didn't go to the wrong church and end up at a quinceanera?  Or do you just have a very broad definition of what a wedding dress looks like?

http://www.storkie.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/c05-1897frontmfirstcommuniondress.jpg

NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:53 AM on Apr. 30, 2010

• "Cult-like!!!!"

so cults have you go home, sign your kids up for classes, you take them to the classes at the age you want (we have kids from 8 to 13 years receiving their Communion this year) lets you buy a dress of your choice. It could be a borrowed dress, and used dress or a brand new dress (or suit, jeans, shirt. Had a kid wear black jeans and black tennis shoes) If you don't want to show up for Mass you don't. You have to do anything you don't want

I didn't know cults had so much freedom. Really, the sign of a cult is wearing a dress and veil? There are several Catholics that cover their heads with a veil every time they walk into a mass
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:34 AM on Apr. 30, 2010

• Seriously anon you have anger management issues you need to work on with a therapist.  LOL why do you care how I dress my kid?  I was happy I found another use for the flower girl dress I bought for a my daughter.

This dress says ballerina more then bride to me.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 6:10 AM on Apr. 30, 2010

• The mere idea of confirming children into a religion is creepy and sad. That said, I was raised catholic and confirmation candidates wore suits and dresses, not white - that is definitely peculiar!
    Suzy_Sunshine

Answer by Suzy_Sunshine at 12:25 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• I will have to tell my son and my husband when they asked to be confirmed (son 14 husban 36) they were both being creepy and sad.

gosh, get the heck over it. Nobody asked for your personal opinion that is not shared by everyone.
    Anonymous

• Answered at 12:25 PM on Apr. 30, 2010 by: Suzy_Sunshine
    The mere idea of confirming children into a religion is creepy and sad. That said, I was raised catholic and confirmation candidates wore suits and dresses, not white - that is definitely peculiar!
    ____

would you please clarify if you are an atheist. :)
    Anonymous