wondering

is it normal for contractions to be up in the 30s and up to 40s at 32 weeks preg does that mean i was in preterm labor or just braxton hicks?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:15 PM on Apr. 29, 2010 in Pregnancy

• it could be either. they are considered braxton hicks if they are irregular and dont get stronger. so as long as they dont have a consistent pattern (like every ten minutes) then its nothing to worry about!! just keep an eye on how long they last and how far apart they are. if they develop a pattern for longer then an hour call your doctor. for now just lay down and relax or take a hot bath. that can help them stop! good luck!
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 9:23 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• what do you mean? up in the 30s and 40s?
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 9:23 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• i did a nst and they stayed up around 33 then 38 and went to 41 and didnt go any lower so i was wondering if i was in labor or not sry im new to this
    Anonymous

• Yeah, what do you mean? I'm not familiar with this way of measuring contractions....
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 9:45 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• You did it at the doctors office am I correct? I believe it is normal while having this test done. If it wasn't and you were in full blown labor the nurse, and doctor would have taken note to it. I'm not exactly sure what numbers are normal or not, but when I was having mine done last week, It was in the 40's and I was cramping. I told the doctor that and she said it was braxton hicks and they weren't regular. So, I wouldn't rely on that to much. If your doctor didn't mention anything, then more then likely there is nothing to worry about!
    skylarsmommy24

Answer by skylarsmommy24 at 12:14 AM on Apr. 30, 2010