my 16 yr old neighbor is being forced into an abortion...

she says she does not want one but her family already set the app for monday what do i tell her! plz help :(

joycegina

Asked by joycegina at 9:59 PM on Apr. 29, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Call social services and tell them she needs protection.
    Anonymous

• If I were her I would run away but thats me. Im not 16 any more Im 24 but thats probably what I would have dont at that age not saying its right but its not right that she being forced into something that horrible either. Legally no one can force her but Im sure there threatning her that they will kick her out and disown her things like that. I dont know what else to tell you sorry
    Anonymous

• Even if she is underage no one can force her to have one. If she oesnt want one and her family takes her to the appt, then all she has to say to the doctors and nurses is that she doesnt want one and they can NOT legaly preform one.
    Amanda7891

Answer by Amanda7891 at 10:11 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• i totally agree with amanada7891
    eva123

Answer by eva123 at 10:15 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• What I do know is in the state of GA from what i've been told..... Even though the minor is pregnant, the parents can not force her to have an abortion or put the child up for adoption but it is not their resposibilty to care for the grandchild but they do have to care for her (fincially) until she is legal age. 18. They could not kick her out legally. I suggest she contact the local social services & she what her options are. What is the father's role in her life & what will it be in the babies life? I hope she makes a wise decision on keeping the baby and maybe finding a nice adoption family IF she can't care for the child & her family refuses to help. GL.
    rebel07

Answer by rebel07 at 10:24 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• well her story is her boyfriends mom banned him from seeing her wont let them talk and she is the one who set up the abortion..... her mom agreed to the abortion and said either that or she gets kicked out. so shes kind of in an tough spot. i mentioned adoption but she is adopted and never really fit in well with her family .
    joycegina

Answer by joycegina at 10:27 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• I'm am assuming that the boyfriend is the same age. If so theres really nothing he can do until he's 18. or graduates from highschool. She however has a decision to keep the child but fincailly I don't know how she will. She would have to have a job & enroll the child into daycare while she's at school and at work. I know adoption isn't what she's looking for but its the best for the baby and her. She could apply for some PA but I doubt she'd get much because she's has somewhere to live. And to feed the child she better pop out that boob! But that will be hard given she has school & a job so formula is gonna be expensive. I honestly believe that she could find a family thats wiling to do an open adoption & have her still in the childs life. If thats what she wants. Its such a hard stiuation but what is meant to be will happen. If she has the will to keep her child and raise it then she'll find a way! GL again.
    rebel07

Answer by rebel07 at 10:33 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• She as the parent of that child has full rights over that child. She has full rights over her body! Her family CAN NOT legally force her to abort that baby or do anything to her body that she does not want to be done. Intervene NOW. Call CPS or someone of legal standing to put a stop to this procedure. She does not have to go through with it regardless of what her family thinks. Again, she has full rights over her body and has no obligation to abort the child if she doesn't wish to.

There are ways to raise a child even at 16 years old and she can do it if she is determined. Either way, she does not have to abort that child. INTERVENE NOW! Stand up for her. Be her voice! Get the law involved and show her family that they cannot force her to abort this child.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:00 AM on Apr. 30, 2010

• As many has said no one can force her to have an abortion. She may be a minor but her body is her body. They may try to kick her out but the last time I checked, it can't be legally done without a social worker investagating her parents. If she decides to keep the baby, maybe you can help her to find out places to live, and point her in directions that her parents refuse too. Just because her parent's won't be her voice doesn't mean you can't!
    skylarsmommy24

Answer by skylarsmommy24 at 12:08 AM on Apr. 30, 2010

• When you talk to your neighbor again, remind her of the things these women have said. It's HER body, and HER choice. If SHE does not want an abortion she NEEDS to tell the medical professionals at the clinic. They CANNOT legally force her to do it. If she's too scared, get social services involved! They can help her with whatever decision she decides, and if her parents kick her out, I hope someone gives her a place to stay, and a phone to report her parents for neglect! Should they be financially responsible for the baby? No. But they ARE responsible for their daughter, no matter what...even if they don't agree with it. I hope i'm never faced with a pregnant teen (and I have FOUR girls to get thru the teen years with!), but I would NEVER EVER force abortion on them, or kick them out. Bless you for trying to help this girl!
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 1:02 AM on Apr. 30, 2010