"Oh, Mom's out partying..."

How often do you think is appropriate for a mom to go out?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:04 PM on Apr. 29, 2010 in Just for Fun

• it depends...are her kids happy? well taken care of? are they being neglected? left with bad people to go out? how old are her kids?
    -My dd goes to her grannies about once a month, she loves it over there.. so we could use that time to party if we wanted. If dd had it her way she would be over there almost every weekend (shes 3).
    -my parents growing up would go out a few times a month... i was usually left with my sisters/babysitter.. i was well taken care of. my mom was a SAHM so its not like i was going from daycare m-f to babysitters on sat...

so there are too many questions on how often a mom should go out... :-)
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 10:33 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• Well if she is just doing it for herself let off some steam then I would say once a week or twice a month but if she is looking for someone then that is a different story also if kids are involved she needs to go out once a month or play it as it goes it really depends on the person and the situation.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 10:15 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• once a month, i guess
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 10:16 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• Never.... if it's a special occasion that's different but to just go partying?? Not necessary.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 10:18 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• I don't care what other moms do. For me, a couple times a year is great. So far this year, I've gone out once with my husband. My SIL came and spent the night with our son. I was home by 10 and completely sober. I just feel that I need to be sober in case anything ever did happen. I feel I don't need to get drunk to have a good time. I think I did too much of that in college and a few years after as well.

If other moms want to go out every night, weekend, whatever, that's their choice. I would hate for anyone to judge me for things I do so why should I judge them?
    Anonymous

• I go out and party, with Dh maybe once a month
    hisblueeyes

Answer by hisblueeyes at 10:21 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• I wouldn't know, I never get to go anywhere by myself...not even to the flippin bathroom!!
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 10:22 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• I personally go out maybe 5 times a year. I prefer to be with my kids but i do think it's important to get out everyonce in awhile. I don't go get drunk but I will have a few drinks.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 10:22 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• We go out once or twice a month. We live in an inlaw apartment at my parents, and we don't go out until after we put the kids to bed, and my parents then listen to the monitor for us...and always have multiple numbers to contact us, and know where we will be. And every weekend we go across the street to a neighbor's and have a big fire, and a couple of drinks. Again, this is after the kids are in bed....or they sleep at our neighbor's with their kids. My kids are ALWAYS taken care of. But I don't think mom's should party more than once a week, if that.
    Anonymous

• NEVER to "party" ie drinking (heavily, to get drunk. 1 or 2 is fine) or drugs. And dependent on the activity, anything between never and a few times a month! If I could do girls night more than once a month or longer i would love to! But we dont drink or anything like that!!!
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 10:33 PM on Apr. 29, 2010