i am having trouble falling asleep

what do you do to relax? i have so much on my mind right now and i can't seem to find any peace of mind. so any suggestions would be wonderful. thank you.

eva123

Asked by eva123 at 10:06 PM on Apr. 29, 2010 in Health

• Tylenol Pms
    or
    Xanax
    They always work for me
    hisblueeyes

Answer by hisblueeyes at 10:17 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• I'm a full-on-insomniac, and need medication sleep aids.

But back in the day before the big insomnia kicked in, and I would just have some trouble sleeping - I would find that writing in my journal before bed just to get a lot of thoughts processed and out was really helpful. You could also do a talking-about-your day sort of prayer or meditation if you're a religious type.

The point is some method of mentally processing your day that lets your brain calm down afterwards.
    Anonymous

• Write in a journal. I used to do that when I just couldn't hold it inside anymore. It's nice to express yourself without judgement and without consequence. Like a previous post said, you can write down your favorite biblical passages if you have any. It's a great place to put the mind to rest by letting every thought and every feeling escape. Sometimes, you may find yourself becoming emotional over what you're writing, don't be afraid to express that emotion to the fullest. It's important to release your thoughts and feelings and sometimes we feel we can't do that with other people. Not truely. A journal is a great way to be real and honest about your thoughts and feelings.

Other ideas .. A long walk, reading a book, hot bath, listening to good music, doing a craft project, watching a good movie, etc.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:51 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• I taken an ambien CR.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:45 AM on Apr. 30, 2010

• Calcium and magnesium makes me very drowsy so I take one about an hour before bed and it really helps me fall asleep.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 2:59 AM on Apr. 30, 2010

• i use a self hypnotic technique for very stressful times. yoga can help too. like others said, reading, journaling, exercise all great ideas.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:23 AM on Apr. 30, 2010