My SO is out tonight. We never really go out with out each other, but he went out tonight with "the guys" I guess...and I am SO tired, but I can't sleep. I can NEVER sleep if he's not with me. Even if he's upstairs on the computer, or outside having a fire in the fire pit..I just can't sleep unless he's in the same room as me, and I can hear him breathing.

What do I do? I am exhausted...and I have to get up even earlier than usual to have the kids at a baby-sitters...and I CAN'T go to sleep. I NEED to sleep! I can't call him and tell him to come home, because that's not fair. What am I supposed to do? Any advice? I tried sleeping with his pillow or T-Shirt...and it smells JUST like him..and smells amazing...but it's no use. I need HIM. Plus...I didn't get a kiss goodnight. I got a kiss good-bye...but that's different lol. Ugh!! Somebody please give me some useful advice!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:35 PM on Apr. 29, 2010 in Relationships

• are you newlyweds?
    Anonymous

• Hmm I am trying to think of some helpful advice for you!! My husband is a Marine and never home but I used to be like you where I couldn't stand going to sleep without him. I wear his t-shirts to bed and I also send him a text just telling him I'm thinking of him and trying to sleep but could really use an "I Love You" back to put my mind at ease and allow me to go to sleep. It is really tough trying handle a night without your SO but the time apart really helps strengthen a relationship :)
    CassiRae3

Answer by CassiRae3 at 10:44 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• I think you are tripping a bit...go where he is get a pillow and go to sleep. (Not to be ugly).
    Anonymous

• Sorry did not read your question correctly... I thought he was in the house and you did not want to disturb him. (my bad)...I would say try reading something it always makes me go the sleep....hope it helps.
    Anonymous

• I was like this for like the first month of my husband's first deployment. It was awful. I eventually started sleeping with my daughter lol She was my comfort. But thats a bad habit to start so I dont suggest it lol. Maybe watch some TV or read a good book until you get tired enough to pass out. Maybe if it'll make you feel a little better just give him a quick ring and make sure he's okay and tell him goodnight.
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 10:59 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• Seriously? You seem painfully needy.
    jenmay44me

Answer by jenmay44me at 11:06 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• No, we're not newlyweds. We're not married. We've been together for a little over 2yrs...and living together almost that whole time. We moved in together after a couple months.
    Anonymous

• I'm just sad. I miss him =(
    I know, I have issues.
    But I still miss him like CRAZY
    OP
    Anonymous

• We have been together for 16 years and i am the same way. Sorry i cant offer much help because i am in the same boat. good luck.
    mckennasmum

Answer by mckennasmum at 11:28 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• Lay down. Give him a call and ask him to talk to you for a few minutes. Close your eyes while he's talking to you.
    That might help you dose off enough to where you can fall asleep even though he's not there.
    This sounds super creepy, I know, but maybe record him breathing .. It might help.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:29 PM on Apr. 29, 2010