Where can I find

a free puppy?
I promised my kids I would get them one and I can not find one for free. I do not want to pay for a puppy. Last year we paid $1000 for a puppy and it was crazy so we had to give it away. It was a min-pin....it bounced off the walls.
We would like a pit bull or pit mix..any ideas?

hisblueeyes

Asked by hisblueeyes at 10:36 PM on Apr. 29, 2010 in Pets

• Look in the newspaper, or go to your shelter. The shelter isn't free, but they adopt out dogs for cheap, and there are plenty of dogs that need homes.
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 10:38 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• you can look on craigslist.
    staciaw

Answer by staciaw at 10:43 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• yeah I have been looking on craigslist and also posted an ad on there
    hisblueeyes

Answer by hisblueeyes at 10:44 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• i agree the newspaper or craigslist
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 10:51 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• be careful getting a dog from craigslist ...
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 10:53 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• I would recomend getting a dog from a shelter but get one that is a year or two old that way the dog will be not so much in the puppy stage and you won't have as many problems with chewing and stuff. I don't know were you live but i know there are places you can get a dog for under $100. Also at shelter most will let you spend time walking the dog and some may even be willing to do an over night or week long stay at your house so that you can be sure the dog is a good fit for you.
    jen699

Answer by jen699 at 11:01 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• If you weren't willing to work with the dog that you paid for what makes you think a free puppy will be any different? Puppies are active, some more then others sure but they all take work. They need to be trained and exercised and if they are not getting that then they will misbehave

Anonymous

• Go to Craigslist. Check your local paper.
    Paying 1000 dollars for any dog is ridiculous.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:24 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• If you couldnt control a little Min Pin puppy, how are you gonna control a large pit bull puppy? It takes a lot of work. And bad ownership with pit bulls just feeds into their undeserved stereotype. Please think long and hard about that choice before you do it.
    Anonymous

• Have you tried petfinder.com or even freecycle.com for your area?
    mom-2-4boys

Answer by mom-2-4boys at 11:47 PM on Apr. 29, 2010