baby walker seat....

i bought a used walker from someone i don't know and it was NASTY!!!! there was all kinds of stains and mildew on the seat! i soaked it in bleach and hot water and washed it and it didn't come out...so my husband has a bright idea and wants to recover it. (like cut the old off and sew on new). i was wondering if anyone knew where i could find a pattern to do it or what??? i honestly don't see how anyone can let anything get soo dirty, i don't care how messy a kid is...there is still a washing machine!!! ugh

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:37 PM on Apr. 29, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• TOSS IT

walkers are banned for a reason.

no matter how much cleaning you do you can never really get all the mildew out of something. especially if its caked on and probably eaten away at parts.

Anonymous

• I wouldn't use it...I don't know how safe it would be if you did it yourself plus walkers aren't safe..My dd ped told me the number 1 reason babies go into the hospital is from them running into shelfs and having things fall on them. They aren't ready for the kind of speed and they don't know how to stop themselves. I would just throw the thing.
    dbodani

Answer by dbodani at 11:40 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• why would you buy it if it was gross?
    Anonymous

• toss it and buy a new one, or better yet one of the entertainment centers that does not move, they are safer. By the time you spend all the time and money to re-do the seat you could have just bought a new one, or perhaps you can find one used in good shape at a resale shop.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 11:43 PM on Apr. 29, 2010

• i seen it on craigslist and didnt really pay attention to the seat until we got home.......
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:09 AM on Apr. 30, 2010

• Try Mean Green, and a scrub brush, then a wash cycle in the washer. Should work. Watch out for the dryer though, it might shrink it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:49 AM on Apr. 30, 2010

• Buy a new one you can get a new one for what it would cost with money and time to recover it!!
    proudmama9128

Answer by proudmama9128 at 1:14 AM on Apr. 30, 2010

• Walkers are dangerous and can hinder waking. And I am not exaggerating.

A stationary is better. But the best place for baby is the floor.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 3:09 PM on Apr. 30, 2010

• amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 3:12 PM on Apr. 30, 2010